Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
For Australian Bushfire info please click here
Occasional Contributor Elbis42
Occasional Contributor

Live chat not working with laptop or phone

I cannot connect to live chat since I no longer have my Optus Sim card. The app won't work. The website I can click personal or business then mobile but when I click billing it seems like it isn't even a link.. tried clearing cookies.. nothing works.. I'm overseas and called the international help line to stay on hold for 20 minutes today..

I just want my bill sorted.. have been overcharged and spent 3 months overseas trying to fix this basic problem.

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Live chat not working with laptop or phone

Well that makes life difficult. Umm the chat feature in the app wont work over a WiFi connection? The link below is what I normally use. I know they have had some issues with the chat of late however not to be working on either device is strange.

http://www.optus.com.au/shop/notices/service-chat

Occasional Contributor

App comes up with an error message basicly saying I'm not using an Optus Sim so I can't connect.. live chat seems fine until I get to the part where I click Billing.. and it's like it's just text not a link

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

Is there any other webpage I can use for live chat?

I need to talk to billing

0 Kudos
Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Hmm yes that's what others have reported with not being able to click the links. Might be worth trying another browser as that may be the only option short of an Optus staff member seeing this post and offering some assistance.

Occasional Contributor

Tried 3 browsers on my Samsung galaxy s8 and 4 browsers on my MacBook Pro.. just doesn't work.. I ended up making an international call to Optus.. sitting on hold for 20 minutes to be told for the 10th time they assure me I will be billed the correct amount and they personally will follow it up.. not the first time i have been told this but I hope it is the last... 

10 years with Optus but after this 3 month experience, spending  dozens of hours on hold. I will never sign a contract with Optus again.

Long story short. I wanted to buy phone knowing I was going to leave country 1 year into 2 year contract.. happy to pay the disconnection fee but the sales person in Optus store put me on a lease plan without telling me even when I explained this situation.. for the extra commission I assume.. and Optus were trying to charge me another 800$ to disconnect phone as it was leased.. terrible experience 😞

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

I don't know what the deal is with leasing phones as everything I have read seems like there is no advantage in it. That aside there is no excuse for the poor customer service of late and I expect many people will not be recontracting because of it. If you think you have been misled you might have case for the ombudsman.

Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

@Yeldarb, depends on the plan/handset. The handset cost is generally $10 odd dollars cheaper per month. 

@Elbis42

I can't imagine that they'd intentionally try and deceive you. There's no incentive to offer a My Plan Flex over a standard My Plan. 

As far as what we can do for you, it's going to be a tricky one. How long ago had you signed up to the plan? 

-----------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Occasional Contributor

I didn't think they intentionally tried to decive me actually that idea came from another person at the same Optus Store in Rundle Mall, Adelaide. When I explained what had happened he said that guy was new from another store just covering someone else's shift. And that they "got extra commission for signing people up to lease plans" (his words not mine) 

I personally just felt the entire experience was rushed so he could get to the next customer and make more cash that way..

Commission based sales jobs always lead to bad customer experiences and mistakes in my opinion.

I've been informed it's fixed now. Live chat still doesn't work but it doesn't matter as I brought international calling credits on Viber to call Australia and deal with the issue 😕

0 Kudos
Top Contributors