Searching...

Mobile

Re: Live Chat

domwild

As Chat does not work, is there any phone number I can ring?

AlistarS

Hi Domwild, seems to be up & running on our end, have you tried another browser and cleared the cache? What help are you needing on your account?

domwild

Hi Alistar,

Will try clearing the cache and using another browser. As I cannot have access to usage info, it might be the cache. As we are going overseas, we need to be able to put in another SIM card. The phone is a Huawei Y6 2018 with IMEI number 

and telephone numbe ....0 113 .  Can you help?

Regards

domwild

AlistarS

Hi @domwild

Let us know that goes. How long ago did you purchase the Huawei handset? I've popped the IMEI into our unlock code data base, we're not seeing an unlock code for this one. In this scenario, we'll need to send the IMEI along with your details to our back-office team. They'll request for a Master Unlock Code from the manufacturer.

It's not something, we can do from our end. I'd really suggest our Facebook or Twitter team. They'll send you a follow up as soon as we've retrieved the MUC. 

In the meantime, If you know someone that has service with another provider- you could test their SIM on your device. If it works, you'll know that the handset is unlocked. 

domwild

Hi,

To answer your question, this mobile was bought before Christmas 2018. I will send the details you are suggesting to the Facebook team and will let you know what happened.

Before then, I will enter a different SIM into the mobile and see what happens.

Regards

domwild

AlistarS

Please do @domwild.

Happy to help in anyway I can. 

domwild

Hi,

After entering another SIM card, the following message comes up:

"SIM network unlock NCK"

It does not seem to talk of a MUC (Master Unlock Code)? Help!

domwild

Hi,

The Optus-locked mobile was purchased at KMart. Is that considered to be an Optus shop?? Now after a purchase and much later it says, only mobiles bought at an Optus shop can be unlocked? Does this mean I am going to be stuck with an Optus-locked phone, which I cannot take overseas and put another SIM card into it?? Does that mean I should have been warned about this restriction somehow somewhere?? Does this mean it may need a complaint to the Telecom. Ombudsman to clear it up??

Filling in the form for unlocking I was told there is no unlocking code available for this mobile and an Optus representative will contact me within five days, which has not happened so far.

Your suggestion to contact Optus via the Facebook site seems rather odd? I prefer to talk directly to Optus in this matter.

AlistarS

If the packaging has Optus branding, then it's originally come from our warehouse. 

Our social media team is a service team. They're trained to handle all service related customer enquiries. 

They'll email our back-office team who'll request a master unlock code from the manufacturer. Normally, we'll receive a response back from the manufacturer within 3-5 business (however, it could be sooner). 

domwild

Some other Optus source has suggested I use the "Optus Unlock" form. Have done that twice now, and the automated reply is that no unlock code could be found, but someone will ring me back within five days and that has not happened.

My mobile now has a circular "Optus" icon on the screen and that source has also indicated they will expedite matters. By clicking on that icon, I am in contact with those people.

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
76 Kudos
76 Kudos
76 Kudos
73 Kudos
51 Kudos