Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
For Australian Bushfire info please click here
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor Rachlea
Occasional Contributor

Live Chat via Optus App

Hello ....Does anyone know why the Live Chat from the Optus App does not work? 

All I get now is "Ask Olivia?" Anyone else get this when they access Live Chat? 

0 Kudos
14 Replies
Highlighted
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

Re: Live Chat via Optus App

I haven't seen this yet but lots of companies do this. Try asking your question and then see if you get an option for further assistance. Basically they're trying to reduce the number of people coming through asking simple questions that can be answered by FAQ's

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
I do not represent Optus. The views, opinions and advice expressed in my posts are my own
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Another thing to note about the app. You can't run the app unless the phone you are using has an Optus sim card in it.

For example, if you are an Optus broadband customer and you don't have an Optus mobile arrangement, then you can download and install the app, but you can't use it.

The only reason I wanted it for was so tht I could use the Live Chat feature which I found mentioned in a support link somewhere on Optus' website.

Judging by the first post in this thread, doesn't sound like the chat feautre would have worked anyway.

Beetroot
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Hello, Sorry but this was not the answer I was looking for? 

The live chat on the Optus App does not even work at all.....Unable to access it

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Hello Beetroot, 

My Samsung phone does have a sim card in it.....I am Optus Prepaid.....The Optus App gives me my data info & Credit info etc ....But the "Live Chat" does not work.........Is there anyway in this thread I can upload a screenshot to here to show u exactly what I mean. 

Your answer u gave me was not the answer I was looking for either. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Hello Samsam......This is what happens when u go to the Live Chat area of the Optus App........

Unfortunately, live chat is
unavailable right now.
Need to ask a question?
Why not ask our virtual
agent Olivia!
She's available 24/7 at
www.optus.com.au/askolivia

For Passwords etc.....U cannot ask the Virtual Agent Olivia about. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

As I mentioned earlier.....My Samsung phone does have an Optus Sim Card in it........Now this is what happens when I go to the Live Chat area of the Optus App.......

Unfortunately, live chat is
unavailable right now.
Need to ask a question?
Why not ask our virtual
agent Olivia!
She's available 24/7 at
www.optus.com.au/askolivia

Now how do you ask the Virtual Agent Olivia about Passwords???? I am a prepaid Optus Customer.......Now Virtual Olivia sends me to the Optus Site to retreive my password but sends me to the wrong area of the Optus Site......Im not a Post paid Customer & do not have an account number to type in where it says ...Type in your account number details.

Im a prepaid customer as  I have just mentioned.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Hi Rachlea,

That's too bad, sounds like Optus are the only ones that will be able to address the issue.

By the way, You can add an image attachment to forum posts when using a computer.

Beetroot
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Thankyou Beetroot, 

Now thats an answer I appreciate.

Thankyou 🙂 🙂 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Hi,

I know this thread has been marked with a solution but I thought I'd add a screenshot of what happens when you run the app from a phone with no Optus Sim in it as I have. So if you were relying to use this app for Live Chatting an Optus broadband issue, then you can't unless your smartphone has an Optus sim in it, and even then as this thread suggests, it seems as though the live chat feature doesn't work anyway.

Screenshot_20160611-065530.png

Beetroot
0 Kudos
Top Contributors