cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Lease ending, S9 ph value buy out

My lease is ending in mid Nov. So I became aware today when I got the txt to hand in or buy out my S9. I had no idea i was on a 2 yr LEASE.. I was aware I could upgrade again at 12 months, $99 . But 1 year is too soon, why bother I said. Apparently that's the ph I would have owned now. I'm not an idiot, but had no clue & the shop girl Did NOT mention lease or NO phone ownerdhip for me at the end. I see now on my contract copy that the lettering of - SEPT 2018 PROMO- .. is way larger than the heading of LEASE Agreement.
The S9 is in V good nick still. What is the cost to be extracted from me now to own the phone i thought I already owned.
Does any one have any clues on that? $TBA
& poss Cost of the Non Return Fee as an option in Jan, Bal of ph value $TBA
PS : COVID Lockdown, how will the ph inspection etc take place whilst shops are closed. Im not posting & having no phone.
COVID : I am not working either , So $$ is scarse. Such BAD TIMING ! Insert big sigh here.
Thanks Gretta
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted

Re: Lease ending, S9 ph value buy out

Hi @grettadawn, if your service is on the Leasing plan then please refer to our Leasing → support page for more info. We will need to look into your account to confirm any payout fees. However we don`t have access to customers account on this public forum. You will need to speak with our support team via the → messaging service to look into this for you. 

Kartika__________________________________________________________________________
I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community. This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Re: Lease ending, S9 ph value buy out

Ok thanks. Will do.
Cheers
0 Kudos
Top Contributors