Searching...

Mobile

Re: Lack of Visual Voicemail on iPhone - Optus Mobile 4G - UNACCEPTABLE

Patty_B

For reasons I don't need to go into, I have been forced to take an Optus phone account.

Visual Voicemail is such a mainstream minimum expectation, that I will be forking out $1000 to be rid of Optus in favour of a provider that listens.

I'm by no means rich, in fact this represents 1/2 a weeks pay.

If thats not a message LOUD AND CLEAR - what is??

andrewCOYG

Hi Patty_B

Sorry for being repetitive, however at this stage we have no plans as to when Optus will release Visual Voicemail but we hope to have an update soon. 

Johno42

andrewCOYG

Interestingly enough it appears that Oputs do offer this service to their corporate customers according to Apple on this page https://support.apple.com/en-au/HT203982

So the Optus network is capable of supporting the service, and you do offer it to your corporate customers, just not everyone.

Unfortunately you don't offer it (nor admit that it exists on your network) to individuals, or in my case a small business who has been with Optus for a long time.

While I understand that you would prefer to sell me your voice to texts service for $5 per month, this service is significantly inferior to the built in capability in the phone which is clearly intentionally witheld from individuals and small business. I would be happy to pay $2 per month to have this as an option, but its worth noting that your competitors offer it for free with very similar plans.

Additionally it would be great to have truthful information provided even if it is not the answers that we would like.

Blueflamman

I am a former customer of Optus (was for 10yrs) and am so very much wanting to come back. However this simple lack of visual voicemail is one of the biggest things stopping me from taking the plunge. Seriously Optus, I know you can hear us but why you are still refusing to listen is probably the single most stupid move you guys can make. I have heard your CEO says 1st hand that "we want to knock Telstra from the top". Good luck if you can't provide this simple and clearly requested service. 

barefootman

I just ported my mobile number to Optus today and was astounded to find that there is no Visual Voicemail!

This is a game changer; should have done my research more thoroughly. I am going back to Telstra store tomorrow and porting my number back to them.

Really poor form, Optus. You've just lost me.

[ Edited ]
Chuckee

Yes guys, this is also a thumbs down for me. At this day and age, this is already basic! Their signal was also worse even comparing to Vodafone. Just waiting for my contract to end this Aug and then bye-bye.

ByteMeComm

I note with much disappointment the reply indicating that you would be passing on feedback regarding the availability of the Apple iPhone Visual Voicemail feature has seemingly either fallen on deaf ears or been ignored completely as more than 6 months have passed and no real helpful or useful updates have been provided let alone any progress been made on the issue. 

The Visual Voicemail feature has been available to Personal Customers of other major Network Providers in Australia (your Competitors) for some years now, FREE of charge and is largely considered to form a part of the basic services offered to ALL customers whether Personal, Prepaid, Business or otherwise.

How can Optus seriously expect to be considered as a genuine provider of Mobile Telecommunications services when it lacks such basic features and ignores it's valued customers whether they be personal, individual, business, reseller or corporate and expect to retain customer satisfaction?

Shame on you Optus, shame!

Blueflamman

Just like to add that I actually asked the Optus executive team face to face about this at an event a few months back and was told that it had been on the companies road map a while back, however they had decided to scrap it as it didn’t seem to be a big deal. I was surprised by this and told them that as a customer I disagreed but again was told that it was NOT gonna happen.  Very disappointing to hear that, but at least she was honest with me. 

apjhunt

Utterly bizarre decision by Optus.

Visual voicemail is one of the perks of having an iPhone. It’s a standard part of the iPhone experience that has been available since the launch of the very first iPhone in 2007 - yes, this is a ten year old technology that for some unfathomable reason Optus does not support.

I used Telstra as my mobile service for a number of years, and switched to Optus pursuing a good bundle for my mobile phones and broadband. I used visual voicemail at Telstra for all those years, and was utterly dumbfounded when I realised Optus didn’t support it - not even for an optional fee!

It’s been a nice enough experience with Optus - the service doesn’t seem bad despite occasional mistakes in billing - but my house is getting NBN sometime in the next few months, and with the opportunity to change, I will be looking elsewhere for my mobile and broadband providers; there are plenty of other broadband companies that offer decent service at a decent price AND include visual voicemail for my iPhone.

It’s frankly bizarre and unbelievable; every Optus iPhone advert should have a little star and footnote saying “*please note, Optus is selling you a crippled service”. Ten year old technology, folks...... It can’t be THAT expensive to implement.....

Crawfo

It really is bizzare.

I was on optus/virgin when I got my first iphone (3gs).

It was only in 2013 when I moved to telstra adn gettign a new iPhone that I got visual voicemail. 

It was only years later 2016 after coming back to Optus but this time from vodafone that I discovered that Optus didn't have visual voicemail. So disapointing. I felt angry, after reading numerous post liek the OP.

Optus currently has a good deal for the iPhone 8 on the $59 plan with 20GB. But I will never go back to optus until they get visual voicemail.

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
80 Kudos
75 Kudos
70 Kudos
58 Kudos
44 Kudos