Searching...

Mobile

Re: Lack of Visual Voicemail on iPhone - Optus Mobile 4G - UNACCEPTABLE

JenkoJ1

What a lie... "we will pass it on"...

You've been passing this on as a suggestion since 2011.

Optus, you've come so far... But you're falling short when it comes to providing those little neich expectations that customers have.

Is it a matter of costs? Could we pay an extra $1 or so a month to have the service enabled etc.

I don't understand how Optus could afford not to be providing such a simple service.

M_

My business was with Vodafone for several years and overall they were great. Having discovered just now that Visual Voicemail is (for the first time in our long experience) not an option here at Optus, I'm regretting leaving Vodafone and in the morning I will explore options for opting back out and returning to Voda. Otherwise, we'll probably return at the end of this contract.

chantzis

It seems increasingly apparent that Optus are giving their customers the mushroom treatment. It's clear there is some reason Optus do not offer Visual Voicemail on iPhone but they refuse to give any real (on constructed) rationale for it's absence. All responses have been 'we will pass it on' and not a single instance of Optus engaging and discussing the topic in an informative manner can be found.

I would suggest that the lack of Visual Voicemail combined with a total absence of REAL communication on the topic from Optus should constitute grounds for breaking one's mobile phone contract with Optus (with no break fee). 

I am continuously and increasingly impressed with Vodafone's service, coverage and abundance of included usage (I now spend as many minutes as I can talking with overseas friends for free, and revel in 7GB of 4G data), as well as their Visual Voicemail! The only reason I return to this forum is because I feel passionate about a fair go for consumers and believe that Australians are exploited by the telco duopoly - I do not believe Optus or Telstra are providing the service or value that we deserve (I note that Telstra at least provide Visual Voicemail, albeit as part of a service which is worth notably less than what they charge).

Hannah-L

Hi @M_, thanks for getting in touch. Unfortunately Visual Voicemail isn't a feature we offer right now and as far as I'm aware, have no plans to introduce in the near future. Apologies for any inconvenience caused. If you'd like to discuss your options regarding your contract please give our team a buzz on 1300 555 241 during business hours.@M_, thanks for getting in touch. Unfortunately Visual Voicemail isn't a feature we offer right now and as far as I'm aware, have no plans to introduce in the near future. Apologies for any inconvenience caused. If you'd like to discuss your options regarding your contract please give our team a buzz on 1300 555 241 during business hours.

Highlighted

taylor73

Hahaha that reply says it all! Sorry to hear you left, glad your happy..... In other words, one less complaint to deal with, glad you left! What a disgrace!!

Koursaros72

I used to work for Optus many years ago... I'm shocked at the fact that it's 2016 and we still don't offer Visual Voicemail. I lived overseas for a number of years, and they had this tech a long while ago... When I came back to Aus, I thought "Oh well, it won't be long before they introduce it here too... ". Little did I know that this basic tech has been available in Aus for a number of years now, just not with Optus. Embarrassing!

browbr00

chantzis

I applaud your efforts and have signed your petition. 

However, I believe the best way to encourage change is with the power of your dollar - or lack thereof.

Swich to a competitor - it won't take you long to find a better deal (or if you want, see earlier posts of mine where I mention a particular competitor that I am still very satisfied with) - and encourage others to do the same. The best way to make people sit up and take notice!

Haylot

Add me to the list of people who will be leaving Optus as soon as my contract is up. 

It it never occurred to me that this feature wouldn't be supported, nor was it highlighted to me when I signed up. It's not unreasonable to assume you'll be able to actually use the features of the device you're signing up for. 

I wason the fence about Optus vs Vodafone. Between this and the constant phone calls trying to get me to upgrade my plan. I can see I made the wrong choice. 

Sbowden1981

Also leaving optus as soon as my contract is up. Lack of visual voicemail is a main reason for this. Sort it out!

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
79 Kudos
73 Kudos
63 Kudos
55 Kudos
49 Kudos