Searching...

Mobile

Lack of Visual Voicemail on iPhone - Optus Mobile 4G - UNACCEPTABLE

chantzis

There are many posts and replies regarding this topic so I'm sure Optus are aware that their customers feel strongly about the service. Some have pointed out that customers only have themselves to blame for not reading their contracts and discovering that Optus do not offer this service; Optus have given less than informative replies and pointed out they have a host of other products (eg voice to text) as substitute. I would like to add the following:

- Since the launch of the very first iphone, (June 2007, nearly 9 years ago!), visual voicemail has been an integral part of the iphone experience. In fact, an iphone without visual voicemail, particularly when there have been 11 new iphone releases since the first iphone, is a deliberately crippled piece of technology. How can Optus justify (indeed, they don't) not including a feature on the latest iphone that was marketed for the release of the first generation iphone? It is therefore fair for iphone users to expect and assume that a new iphone with a new contract (with Optus, or indeed any provider in the world) should include visual voicemail. It is clear trawling this forum that many are shocked that the rug has been pulled out from under them.

- The old-fashioned voice mailbox service of optus is a system of the past not fit for an iphone. It is a slow, cacophonous and inefficient procedure which makes one wince every time it needs to be used. The substitute services offered by Optus do NOT provide a suitable alternative to visual voicemail and Optus staff need to stop offering such products to users who desire visual voicemail - it is rubbing salt in their wounds.

Optus, please listen to your customers and understand they want Visual Voicemail and NOT any of the alternatives you suggest. Remember the old maxim 'the customer is always right'? Well, when they tell you Visual Voicemail is a JOYOUS, EFFICIENT, and MOST EXCELLENT service that they really, really want, understand them - don't belittle them with 'we will keep you posted' and 'have you tried voicemail to text?' comments.

Re: Lack of Visual Voicemail on iPhone - Optus Mobile 4G - UNACCEPTABLE

Esther

Thanks for getting in touch chantzis - whilst this is not something we're currently offering we'll be sure to pass your suggestion on. 

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

Highlighted

BMan

Not sure you read the bit about not belittling customers, but saying "we'll be sure to pass your suggestion on" is doing just that.

For years, let me repeat that... YEARS, your customers have been posting here (and on Whirlpool, out of frustration) as to your lack of support for such a basic feature as visual voicemail. Heck, even Vodafone have visual voicemail (and have for a number of years.)

For the life of me, I cannot understand Optus consistently fobbing of customers and saying "no" to this feature when (pretty much?) since you started operating you say that you say "yes"

chantzis

News this week makes it clear that Optus-Singtel are making moves signalling a change regarding their public face - whether this will just include more heavy marketing with the word 'Yes' or whether a complete name change will occur is yet unclear. So potentially, instead of asking Optus for Visual Voicemail (and getting a 'no'), we will be soon be asking YES for visual voicemail (and getting a 'no'). 

It seems it is high time to have Optus/Singtel/YES put their money where their mouth is - we have been subjected to years of YES marketing, yet customers are still being deceived. Optus/Singtel/YES are not about saying 'Yes'. 

PLEASE. Listen to your customers. Apply your mass marketing policy. Say YES! and give us Visual Voicemail!

4lex

idk if this is right or not but when I was browsing apple's support page to see if Optus supported volte I sadley found they didn't but the positive thing that I it on the page is it states Optus support Visual voicemail???, the apple page was last updated on March 29, 2016. Guy check it out https://support.apple.com/en-au/HT203982

If this is true Optus has finally fulfilled the wishes of millions of optus customers and they finaly learnt to actually say "yes" to their customers.

chantzis

Hi 4lex, are you an iPhone user on Optus? Do you have Visual Voicemail? If so, please tell me how to activate it on my iPhone.

The fact that Apple state Visual Voicemail is available to Optus in Australia makes it even worse that Optus do not offer it!

I will believe a 'Yes' when I see it!

chantzis

PS I have researched alternative telcos and am quite close to taking my business to Vodafone - who seem to have great coverage AND offer visual voicemail!

4lex

Chantzis, 

I haven't checked my iPhone yet to see if I have this feature as I only found this discovery on the Apple website a few minutes ago, and I have no idea how to activate if this is true. I really hope this isnt a publishing mistake on apple's part, cause then I will be very disapointed in optus that it has taken them 9 years since the first iPhone to implement this basic feature.

chantzis

| an update on my mobile phone service saga |

I recently made the leap away from Optus mobile and was vastly more impressed with their competitor than I imagined. Not only is the coverage as good as (sometimes, seems better!) than optus, but I am paying a lot less each month and took up an online offer to get 7GB of data each month (along with unlimited calls, SMS and MMS, and 300 international minutes each month! And roaming charges are half of Optus'...).

In addition, I have what an ex-Optus user would consider a bonus, or any other telco user would consider completely normal... yes, I have VISUAL VOICEMAIL!

Thank you Optus for infuriating me enough to make me leave you - because I have never been happier with my Australian mobile service.

(I won't name the competitor here, but they were mentioned in my earlier messages in this thread).

OVER AND OUT

/////  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯  \\\\\

Marie

So sorry to hear that you've left Optus chantzis Smiley Sad 

Glad to hear you're happy, do let us know if we can help you out with anything in the future.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Post a Reply
Top Contributors
137 Kudos
117 Kudos
81 Kudos
80 Kudos
47 Kudos