cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Occasional Contributor SK7
Occasional Contributor

Re: Krux analytics company

@Mike-N I think those partners are mainly people they are selling our data to, although some might be app developers that Krux is partnering to harvest data. It's hard to tell without spending hours on it. The only one I consciously use is Twitter so I will keep an eye on my use of it to see if it aligns with Krux data usage.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor Twinkles1976
Occasional Contributor

I agree with its only twitter I notice but I use it more than just 1 or 2 days a week and what i would like to know is that Krux would have to be doing a fair bit of stuff using 350mb in one day.

I only scroll through twitter and would need to be on it all day to use that much data..

It is frustrating. Lucky i am on a bigger plan but using 7 to 10% of my data is a significant amount if I ever come close to my usage 

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

SK7.. I have narrowed it down I think to the TAB app watching the races.. Do you watch any horse racing through the TAB app.. I haven't worked out if you get double charged data off krux and the tab.. 

Occasional Contributor SK7
Occasional Contributor

Indeed I do and I had wondered if it was that because I had noticed the pattern of usage on Saturday and Sunday. I've been watching Singapore today but the Optus app hasn't updated data usage yet. Krux might appear later.

In settings on iPhone it shows data use by each app and TAB is currently showing nothing, so maybe it's counted as Krux only.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

I will reset counters next time I watch and see how I go.. Would be easier if it just came up TAB in the Optus app if it's just the one charge..

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor IGGYjohn
Occasional Contributor

Twinkle is correct, it’s the TAB Corp app. If you watching TAB horse racing then it’s registered as Krux data and may be other apps. 

Tags (1)
Top Contributors