Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor SK7
Occasional Contributor

Krux analytics company

For the past few months the Optus app data usage has shown a significant amount of data used by the category "Krux", which is described as an analytics company. The category is separate from browsing, Google, etc.

In some of those months, including this one, data usage by Krux has put me over my data limit and cost me an extra $10. I have never asked them to analyse my data so I am not happy about that. On their website there is 'opt-out' function that I have used to no effect. I have also installed two different ad blocker apps. One of them made no difference, while the second one seemed to work for a week and then - boom - Krux used about 200 Mb in one day and put me over my 1.5 Gb limit.

Anyone else had a problem with this company or ideas about how to get rid of them?

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
15 Replies
Contributor NeoB
Contributor

Re: Krux analytics company

I like feeding anaytics bogus data by intercepting the package in the app before its sent and telling them I'm transgender and my favourite sites are bdsm and that I live in Bouganville, and my favourite search on google is "how long will it take me to swim to Australia"

0 Kudos
Moderator Marie

Oh no! 

That's really frustrating SK7 😕

Is it possible it's been linked to an app you're using?

To confirm are the settings on your phone still the same? 

They haven't changed since you adjusted them to stop Ad's?

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

Yes it is possible that it is connected to an app but it is difficult to tell which it is because of the Optus app's time delay in updating data usage. I have reset mobile data usage to zero in my phone settings and will keep a close eye on it. Several of them were over 200Mb before I reset it.

0 Kudos
Moderator Marie

Thanks SK7,

Let me know how you go.

I can confirm we are working to have this information update sooner however we don't currently have an exact time frame for when this will be available. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor Twinkles1976
Occasional Contributor

I have only just noticed this and would like to know how this or what apps are using my info for Krux.. I have noticed they use 10% of my data for nothing.. They used 350mb in one day yesterday and I am not happy

0 Kudos
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hi @Twinkles1976, not sure either. Are you able to contact Krux directly?

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor Twinkles1976
Occasional Contributor

I have done a little research and it looks like krux could of been bought by salesforce.com etc.. I am struggling to find an area to contact.

The krux usage for me has been on Saturday and Sundays so I might reset my usage meter on Saturday and see if I can narrow down the apps and try and match it up to the same usage.

0 Kudos
RetiredModerator Mike-N
RetiredModerator

I've had a quick look at their website and there's a list of partners that you might find useful in your investigations @Twinkles1976

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

@Twinkles1976 there is some info about opting out at http://www.krux.com/privacy/ but, as I noted in my post, it doesn't make any difference. I have done the browser opt-out and the mobile app opt-out but can't get rid of them.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
Top Contributors