cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
nickl99
New Contributor
New Contributor

Just ported to Optus for mobile, when I use tethering my mobile no longer gets data until I disconne

Just ported to Optus for mobile, when I use tethering my mobile no longer gets data until I disconnect??

I never had this on Telstra or vodafone. Do I need to set a different APN or something?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Kartika

Re: Just ported to Optus for mobile, when I use tethering my mobile no longer gets data until I disc

Hi @nickl99 that is strange as you should be able to tether your phone. Best to refer to our device guide to make sure tethering settings are correct and that Wi-Fi hotspot feature is turned on.

If the issue still continues then you are best to speak with our Technical Support team via the → messaging service to assist you further.

Kartika__________________________________________________________________________
I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community. This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
nickl99
New Contributor
New Contributor

Re: Just ported to Optus for mobile, when I use tethering my mobile no longer gets data until I disc

You misunderstand- I can tether. Tethering works great for devices connected to my wifi hotspot, but when I do I stop receiving anything on my phone. ie. no notifications or emails are received on my phone until I disconnect. This hasnt happened before with other carriers.

0 Kudos
George_YC

This sounds like an issue with the device rather than our network @nickl99. I often use my hotspot on my phone to connect to other devices and I can still use data on my mobile. You may need to complete a Network Reset on your device to see if that fixes the issue.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.

0 Kudos
nickl99
New Contributor
New Contributor

None of the above worked.

What did work was changing APN's to 'Yes Internet' from the default one.

Thanks whirlpool. No thanks Optus.

0 Kudos
Jack_YC

Hi @nickl99, it's good to see you were able to resolve this issue. Thanks for coming back and sharing your resolution with us here. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.

0 Kudos
Top Contributors