cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question

Yes Crowd will close and be redirected to Help & Support on the 1st November 2021. Thank you to every member who has made this community such a helpful and supportive place for customers and staff to interact to help serve along with improve our products and services. You will be missed.

sriharan
New Contributor
New Contributor

Just confirming we've received your request for change ownership/change

I received an email with following "Just confirming we've received your request for change ownership/change" but I didn't raise any request to change my details. And received a subsequent email confirming the request has been processed.

Should I be alarmed??

0 Kudos
3 Replies
10000000000GB
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

Re: Just confirming we've received your request for change ownership/change

Sounds like the type of email you would get before Optus trashes your phone account, due to a processing error. I would enquire using chat.

0 Kudos
SamSam
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

Definitely get on the phone asap. One of the more common scams is to steal peoples phone accounts as these are now often used as an authentication method for banks and other institutions 

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
I do not represent Optus. The views, opinions and advice expressed in my posts are my own
0 Kudos
Dan_C
Retired Employee
Retired Employee

Hmm, this sounds a bit concerning. I'd like to go in and confirm what's happened.

Can you send us a private message? I'll need your full name, DOB and account number.

It's best to err on the side of caution when it comes to these sorts of things.

http://yesopt.us/pmdan

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos