Searching...

Mobile

Re: Jamster(Viobuzzy) Scam

domwild

Hi, Please forget the ACCC, ACMA, Scamnet, Scamwatch, ACORN, AFP, etc.; waste of time. Contact the TIO if Optus does not refund the money within a reasonable time. ACCC cannot investigate any of the scammers as those SPAM SMS scams are perfectly legal at the moment.

If you want to spend a bit of time, contact your local federal MP and urge him/her to legislate double verification via opt-in/opt-out. I have even contacted Hanson in desperation, as my local MP achieved only a Telstra apology, but no legislation so far.

kathysangel560

I suggest you download 360 secruity for andriod it's awesome also download true caller or true caller messenger they will stop scammers if you see any suspicious charges on your phone contact your provider ASAP

Jamit

To get TIO to refund, I will have to already have paid for the bill right? 

I have not paid yet and will only pay for what I owe Optus but not the extra, I'm hoping Optus can resolve it and take that extra amount off my bill.

domwild

I suspect you have to pay the bill in full otherwise you may have to pay a Telstra-style $15 late payment fee.

Ring Optus to get that money credited but pay the amount in full. Mention TIO to Optus.

Aman_B

Hi @Jamit, get that this would be frustrating. If you’d like to chat to one of our team members now, please go here: http://yesopt.us/chat2us

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

kathysangel560

This is fraud it needs to be reported to the ombudsman of your telecommunications and they will investigate it and find out the source of this scam and correct it if it's comming from optus they will be investigated as the perpertraitors for this scam 

kathysangel560

There can be a class action lawsuit for this if everyone joined together as this is fraud and it needs to be stopped yes certainly contact the telecommunications ombudsman this is theft without authorization so wrong don't let them win pack of scammers 

kathysangel560

Report class action needed against these scammers 

Aman_B

Hi @kathysangel560, as a customer you can certainly escalate this and report to TIO.  With regards to the premium SMS this is a content based service that is not from Optus and as a service provider the charges are billed on Optus bill. Feel free to PM us here → http://yesopt.us/pmaman and I can help with more details on this. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

kathysangel560

Hi there it's not me getting scammed it the other poor customers that are having funds taking from there accounts when they never agreed or signed up this is fraud they say it's comming from optus so tell me where's it comming from 

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
81 Kudos
75 Kudos
72 Kudos
59 Kudos
44 Kudos