Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
New Contributor JA_moderated
New Contributor

Re: Our optus account is not ATM for the third party

Yepp, same just happened to me. 

They just subscribe you again but I think they can't charge your account anymore once it's blocked?

Optus denies they are working with those 3rd party providers. I'm wondering how they got my number at all and why the charges go through Optus then?  I've wasted hours now and should charge Optus every one of it! I've also lost trust in Optus after so many years of being a customer. Just a few min. ago I was told they will see if they can get the money refunded within 10 business days? I'll definitely file a complaint with http://www.tio.com.au if I don't have my credit back within that time frame. 

They are just "stealing" money from their loyal customers!! *what a sad world full of creed*

New Contributor JA_moderated
New Contributor

Yepp, same just happened to me. 

They just subscribe you again but I think they can't charge your account anymore once it's blocked?

Optus denies they are working with those 3rd party providers. I'm wondering how they got my number at all and why the charges go through Optus then?  I've wasted hours now and should charge Optus every one of it! I've also lost trust in Optus after so many years of being a customer. Just a few min. ago I was told they will see if they can get the money refunded within 10 business days? I'll definitely file a complaint with http://www.tio.com.au if I don't have my credit back within that time frame. 

They are just "stealing" money from their loyal customers!! What a sad world full of creed.

Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Sorry to read that. The same thing happened to me at Telstra and this is why I fled to Optus.

Interesting to see that the cover of the new Optus SIM card did not tell me how to bar "Premium SMS/MMS" messages! It just told me to send "STOP" after the event and having being charged, great! So I had to spend a lot of time to get access to "Yescrowd", then found that "Live Chat" was not working, then finally by clicking "Solved" I got onto an Optus link to bar all "Premium Services". So there is a deliberate attempt by Optus to allow customers to fall into that scam trap.

As I pensioner I had the time to get at the info to allow me to bar those scams, pity the working parents, who just have to give up due to other time committments and do not bar all scams.

Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

The "Whirlpool" communications web site claims in its 1,250 complaints about scams, that all telcos give your numbers to scammers! This is hard to believe but would explain how telcos get your number in the first place. Mind you, at the Thai/Cambodian border they found a "click farm" withn thousands of mobile phones, etc.   My scammer was a German co. with the name of ORDANNDU GmbH (= Pty Ltd), which means the AFP, ACCC, ACMA, ACORN, Scamwatch, Scamnet, etc. public servants will definitely never prosecute, as they are overseas.

This is why I suggested on "Whirlpool", that I wish to apply with ACMA for an overseas based "SPAM SMS SCAM" licence to make some money! If you can't beat them, join them! The moderator there had to delete that "tongue in cheek" comment.

0 Kudos
New Contributor Jademan
New Contributor

Ive got the exact same problem got the same two messages too!!! Spoken to optus three times already. I was told to pay for the previous charge, which I did. Am I going to get another charge this time for 30days subscription which I have never signed up for. I have even message stop three times to unsubscribe too. Not sure what to do next. 😣 

New Contributor amrin
New Contributor

Re: Jamster(Viobuzzy) Scam

same happened to me ! Did they refund ?

0 Kudos
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

According to a Telstra moderator, the "STOP" SMS will only ever stop more new ones from charging you, the old one sticks and as you have subscribed to "Premium Services", you will continue to be charged!

Mention TIO to Optus and see what happens, if not, put in an on-line complaint to TIO.

0 Kudos
New Contributor Mrthomas
New Contributor

I cant trust optus now ;(

Tags (1)
Highlighted
New Contributor TmB
New Contributor

Optus assured me I wouldn't be charged so game them the benefit of doubt, they lied so I will be reporting to the TIO 

New Contributor Jay_Bee
New Contributor

I have asked my local Federal member to make an issue of this disgusting SCAM !!!

I got charged again even after I had put a stop on it ... 

Please Note Optus .... a number of my workmates have been affected by this SCAM and we reported this to our managers ... Result: Optus is about to lose a very large contract ... just too greedy Optus !!!

0 Kudos
Top Contributors