Searching...

Mobile

Re: Jamster(Viobuzzy) Scam

Aman_B

Hi @kathysangel560, all of these SMS originate from 1900 numbers. Will certainly help all our customers with this. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Highlighted

Andym72

Notice a bill on my mobile broadband account for a months worth.  Rang optus who have cancelled my premium services.  I dont know why it was ever activated on mobile broadband as my sim is in a router so cant easily check SMS.  There are at least 10 pages of complaints on this site alone, why are optus not proactive, do they recieve a large billing fee or something ?   They said that the company would contact me to discuss a refund.  I dont want to deal with this dishonest company so have complained to the TIO, as I did not give optus permission to give my details to dishonest 3rd parties.

[ Edited ]
TmB

Have had the same thing happen to me today (first text last week which I didn't notice). Will attempt to set SMS to zero or phone Optus and I will report the issue to the TIO. 

Andym72

Suggest you do both. With the huge number of complaints on this site alone, I can't believe you Optus haven't done anything about it. It should be clear when you sign up for something. Complain to Optus and the TIO, and there is a discussion document on the industry alliance pages on premium SMS that you should comment on.

TmB

Thanks, I will do as it shouldn't happen so easily.

I just spoke with Optus, the lady was very helpful and assured me that I wouldn't be charged - will wait for my next bill.

Marie

Sorry to hear this has been your experience Andym72 Smiley Sad 

You're most welcome to PM through your details and we can take a look to see if the charges have been waived with no contact as this can sometimes happen.

Thanks for letting us know about this @TmB, if you'd like to PM me with your full name, mobile number and date of birth I can arrange a $0 spend limit for you and dispute any charges you've received.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

Jamit

@Aman_B I have been chatting to Optus people multiple times and it is still not resolved out of my invoice. Going in circles with the same thing over and over to contact the scammer people. 

I am refusing to pay the extra as I know it will never be refunded back! I doubt Optus company is chasing after this situation which is not only me but other Optus customers are also experiencing this. Complaint after complaint is put in nothing is done about it. 

I have emailed TIO and put in a complaint about optus.

domwild

I suggest you must pay the full amount as otherwise you will be hit with a late payment fee ($15 with Telstra). Do not worry, the TIO will get your money back but will not investigate the scammer.

domwild

The Whirlpool communication forum has so far 50 pages of complaints about all telcos in respect of those SPAM SMS SCAMS, if we assume there are 25 or so complaints/page, we are looking at 1,250 complaints.

It even featured on "FU Tube" on ABCs "The Checkout". Contact your federal MP and get double verification legislated via opt-in/opt-out as that scmming is perfectly legal at the moment. Telstra scammed me on a Monday, on Tuesday I rang their HQ in Manila and demanded the money back and got it after mentioning TIO.

Andym72

Agree. I watched the ABC the checkout too.

For anyone interested here is the link to raise a consumer issue with the ACCC. If it's widespread and they receive a lot of complaints they may look at it

https://www.accc.gov.au/contact-us/contact-the-accc/report-a-consumer-issue

I have found telstra slightly better at owning the issue. The Optus line is to pass the buck to the scammers.

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
141 Kudos
124 Kudos
120 Kudos
78 Kudos
72 Kudos