Searching...

Mobile

Re: Jamster(Viobuzzy) Scam

Chewie81

I got this a few minutes ago 

FreeMsg: Welcome to Viobuzzy subscription costs $9.99/wk to ur mob acct for unlimited access Opt-out send STOP to 19789195 HELP:1300998509 Viobuzzy.com.au

At the time this occured i was following a link google to a game website on my phone. I believe that viobuzzy may have seeded websites with malware or the like to auto sub users. I recommend that ootus block everything to do with this sub service as they are basically stealing money.

Highlighted

Viobuzzy_suck

I just got scammed by viobuzzy now for the SECOND time. Last time was about two months ago so beware it that it can happen more than once.

I tried to log on to Optus to change my subscription and funnily enough it keeps giving me an error message so I cant. I also tried to open up a chat but even though I'm on an iPhone 6... it says my phone isn't set up for chat haha... freakin joke!

i guess Optus is getting low on money and must be investing in scammers to up their income for the financial year lol

screw you viobuzzy & screw you optus for not being willing to step up and assist your customers with an issue that you're well aware of! 

Toomey

@Viobuzzy_suck sorry to hear this has happened again! Measures should of been taken the first time to avoid this. Feel free to private message me with your phone number, full name and DOB for assistance. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

DeadlyKuma

I got this same message last night, though i'm not on plan. being on prepain they took my extra credit.

Replyed to the message with stop and haven't gotten a reply. So this is a known issue? 

Toomey

@DeadlyKuma We'll need to make sure your content spend is set to $0 to avoid charges in the future. We can also raise a dispute for any charges incurred. Feel free to follow the steps in my previous comment to have this checked out.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

DeadlyKuma

How do I raise a dispute for this?  

Toomey

Private message me with your phone number, full name and DOB. You can also call 133937 or jump into Live Chat.

fairleys

I have also mysteriously been signed up for this viobuzzy rubish. I am pretty paranoid at the best of times about clicking on strange links / websites etc, so don't believe I have inadvertently signed up to the services by clicking something, but I won't rule it out. What is interesting however, I have gone back through my SMSs on my phone and don't have any messages from this content provide as others have received. I have an optus 4g modem shared on the account though, so assume that number is the one that has signed up. How can I agree to join a monthly service via a 4g modem? 

Also even if it did happen that you simply one click on the wrong link and it signs you up fora $10/m service, how can Optus believe this is good for their customers? The option to allow third parties to charge your optus account should be turned off by default, customers who wish to use this service can turn it on at their discretion. Alternatively, how hard would it be for optus to send you a text message or something saying "hey this company wants to bill you this much per month, do you want to allow it?"

nonscenic

After arranging with Optus to block any further charges from Viobuzzy I received an SMS  from +19789203saying that

FreeMsg: Tap Games was unable to subscribe you. You have not been charged. HELP 1300663201

I have never heard of Tap Gamez.

Further evidence that Optus are leaking out mobile numbers to "auto subscribe" to these scamming services.

nonscenic

Further investigation on 1300663201 shows it as being used by

Talent On Tap
Address:Suite 503 Lvl 5 89 High Street, Kew VIC 3101
Phone:1300663201

Never heard of them. Looking them up they appear to be a HR recruitment company and are probably unrelated to this scam.

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
135 Kudos
118 Kudos
97 Kudos
95 Kudos
75 Kudos