Searching...

Mobile

Re: Jamster(Viobuzzy) Scam

ColetteM

This has happened to me as well tonight 

im ringing optus tomorrow as change spend control function is not working and optuszoo will only

let you long in if post paid. 

Thats real curious when when I tried to find out how the hot my number... they a part of Mia sphere. And optus is giving them out numbers. 

News Reports online confirm that is is actually Optus sharing our info on the down low. And curiously optus is quiet on this thread. 

Im ringing ombudsman and want a FULL refund. 

Read news reports below :

https://www.michaelwest.com.au/optus-and-telstras-billing-scams-hit-customers-in-droves/

http://mobile.abc.net.au/news/2015-06-26/optus-and-telstra-sharing-mobile-phone-numbers/6575424

And on the optus forum itself : https://yescrowd.optus.com.au/t5/Billing/Mia-sphere-live/m-p/231536

nonscenic

Same scam affected me. I first noticed it with my optus bill received last night. I rang the 1300 number listed on my phone bill which was different to the one on what looked like to be a phishing scam SMS a couple of weeks ago. I didn't reply stop at the time since the number to reply to was a 19xx xx number which a) I have barred 19xx numbers and it looked like the perfect phishing SMS - I had never heard of Viobuzzy.

Via Live Chat Optus readily blocked and refunded the charges on my bill

nonscenic

I also reported the incident to Scamwatch and suggest others do too

https://www.scamwatch.gov.au/report-a-scam

Highlighted

rosiekim

Hi.

Today I received a message.

That content is

FreeMsg: welcome to viobuzzy subscription costs $9.99/wk to ur mob acct for unlimited access Opt-out send STOP to 19789195.

so I sent a message 'stop'. so now is It sure that stop the payment???

and then I didnt use this one and I didnt accept. so i want to refund

Pls check and solve the ploblem

Thank you for helping me!!!

ColetteM

Ring Optus or live chat with them today. 

explain your situation and how it was not ordered and request the following

refund

change spend control limits on your account to zero

if the can initiate the complaint with Viobuzzy

good luck. This company must be stopped 

AaronAces

How do I go about getting optus to refund these amounts that had been taken from my account without my prior knowledge and definitely not with my consent?

Also, how has this happened Optus? It seems pretty clear cut that it's an Optus based issue, and I'm sure many people don't even know they've incurred these scam/fake signup and recurring charges. 

Toomey

Speak to a Customer Service agent, they can change your settings to avoid future charges, and raise a dispute for any already incurred.

Shoot me a private message if you have any issues.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

Bro1

Hi Toomey

We are all aware of how to dispute, but why is this happening is my question.

Has some Optus data been compromised

Toomey

Unfortunately these issues are a big problem in the telecommunications industry, it's something my team provide support and feedback for regularly. Every comment is tagged so we can track social media traffic on the topic. Something definitely needs to change so innocent people aren't affected. In the mean time, my team will continue to provide support and feedback for any affected customer.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

ColetteM

NO, it appears they are given our information. 

It is my belief this is a highly deceitful trade practice to just sign people up for services they have no desire, intent or knowledge they have even been subscribed. There is no active customer request for these services they are being signed up for.

And then insult to injury, the onus is on the customer to monitor their bills for unlawful charges. 

It puts customers faith in the integrity of Optus billing in doubt. 

No one wants to receive service from a business they can't trust to invoice correctly and lawfully.

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
128 Kudos
126 Kudos
100 Kudos
86 Kudos
56 Kudos