Searching...

Mobile

Jamster(Viobuzzy) Scam

FrancesHa

I found new charge appeared under called 'content services' in my usage. The supposed 'service' was from a company called 'Viobuzzy'. I contacted customer service of Viobuzzy via email and a company named Jamster replied to me. I have never even heard of this company. As I normally don't check my usage and pay monthly bill, I might have paid this "content service fee" last month without knowing it. I wanted to see my paid usage but I counldn't. I want to do these things;

1) Delete charged Viobuzzy/Jamster scam from my phone

2) Make this never happen

3) Check paid usage and if it has been charged I want OPTUS to refund it

Thank you for your help!

Re: Jamster(Viobuzzy) Scam

Yeldarb

Best to have a word to support about getting those charges reversed and you can do that via the live chat on the first link below if you wish. To avoid these premium service charges from happening again I would suggest you have read of the second link below as it explains precisely how to do that.

http://www.optus.com.au/shop/notices/service-chat

http://www.optus.com.au/shop/support/answer/content-services-faqs-spend-control?requestType=NormalRe...

Jademan

I have checked my bill and was charged for this service too. I spoked to optus support online they told me to ring the Viobuzzy for refund. I do not want to speak to such a fraudulant company. 

Ive checked my sms and found that I received an sms on 19th June: FreeMsg: Welcome to Viobuzzy subscription costs $9.99/wk to ur mob acct for unlimited access Opt-out send STOP to 19789195 HELP:1300998509 Viobuzzy.com.au. So I sms stop too. Am I suppose to reply stop? Is it safe?

Is Optus able to resolve this for me? I don't want to pay for what I never signed up for. Can I be credited for the 9.99 amount without dealing with Viobuzzy?

Kind Regards,

Kel1906

I have had the same issue, with the 9.99 subscription a week text and then a following text saying that I have spent '$30 or more' on this service. I also don't want to deal with a scamming company considering I know that I haven't touched anything that could have subscribed me to this service and I don't want to be charged for it either.

Steph_C

Hi guys - This is a third party subscription charge, which you would have somehow agreed to, potentially unknowingly. It is best to reply 'STOP' to avoid being charged in future. You can also reduce your spend to $0 in My Account to ensure this doesn't continue.

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

Yourmatemitch

I also just received the following text

"FreeMsg: Your subscription to Viobuzzy costs $9.99/wk charged to your mobile account. Opt-out send STOP to 19789195 HELP:1300998509 Viobuzzy.com.au"

I replied stop and received the following:

"FreeMsg: Ur subscription to Viobuzzy has been terminated and no further charges will apply. U'll forfeit remaining subscription charges. HELP:1300998509"

I have never signed up or heard of Viobuzzy. I replied stop but will not be happy if they have scammed money onto my optus account as I definitely have never signed up for this service. Completely fraudulent.

Highlighted

Steph_C

Sounds like you've stopped the charges coming through, however it's definitely best to head into My Account to ensure it doesn't happen again. These subscription services are something you would have clicked into - potentially through ads or something. Do let us know how you go with your next bill.

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

Kc01

I got the same thing! The website doesn't exist and the number when you call it didn't disclose the company name.  There's no way we could of all "accidentally" signed up for something. It also only appears to be with Optus customers. 

Bro1

Same thing here, I did not click any dodgy links.

How are they able to sign up Optus customers without our approval, 

Has an Optus database been hacked or something?

Why has no one from Optus confirmed?

heef

I have just received the same message.

I know I have not clicked any dodgy links. Will now check my account and if I have been charged will seek redress via the telecommunications ombudsman.

Suggest others do the same.

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
160 Kudos
150 Kudos
121 Kudos
88 Kudos
84 Kudos