cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
New Contributor Topaz7
New Contributor

Jailbreak

What the hek does jailbreak/jailbroken or rooted device mean ??? Regarding cant log in on mobile phone
0 Kudos
7 Replies
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Re: Jailbreak

If a device is jailbroken / rooted, it means that the user has full system access / control.

Because of that level of control some apps won't run or won't allow full functionality because they consider that the devices security is compromised.

0 Kudos
New Contributor Topaz7
New Contributor

Thank You for that info
Next Question -
How does that just happen ???
I have not changed any settings on phone.
I did a software update about a month ago & another today. - Today after that is when I noticed I was unable to log into optus and was getting that notification when attempting to use any optus app. Any more info would be greatly appappreciated.
Thank You
0 Kudos
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

There is no definitive way to detect if a device is rooted. Its typically done by checking for the existence of specific apps/libraries and/or the ability to perform certain actions and/or read/change specific settings.

A normal app/OS update is not going to give you root access, so it seems that the optus app has made a false positive, which means its a bug with the optus app.

Do you get the error message after logging or before you are even asked to log in?

0 Kudos
New Contributor Topaz7
New Contributor

I get it as soon as I open any optus app. Screen says along the lines of "warning this divice is rooted/jailbroken could cause harm and optus protects customer details ect " only option I get is EXIT in yellow box at the bottom
0 Kudos
New Contributor Topaz7
New Contributor

Also been having technical difficulties ie. Service dropping in and out, calls & internet.
Inability to make or recieve calls & then I works again. I do no thave a land line or fixed internet with OPTUS. Only account is mobile phone/data - Samsung Device
0 Kudos
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

@Topaz7 wrote:
I get it as soon as I open any optus app. Screen says along the lines of "warning this divice is rooted/jailbroken could cause harm and optus protects customer details ect " only option I get is EXIT in yellow box at the bottom

That was useful info, thanks . 

0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Not sure what is going on there, Topaz7.

A similar issue was experienced for some users with the Optus Sport app last year.

This thread contains some info and a link to report a fault so I would suggest giving that a try as it was eventually fixed.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Top Contributors