Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
kobiekelly
New Contributor
New Contributor

Re: JAMSTER SCAM

I'm having the exact same issue but haven't been able to get any assistance from Optus or Jamster.

I'm not okay with paying $45 for a service I have never used nor heard of!

Can someone please help me!?

0 Kudos
domwild
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Mention three letters in your call to Optus, namely TIO, the Ombudsman. Then you get your money back. Never contact the scammer, you waste your time. Do not contact ACCC, ACMA, ACORN, AFP, Scamwatch, Scamnet, etc., as it is perfectly legal to be charged for clicking leading to a "Subscription to Premium Services" with monthly charges.

0 Kudos
Capricorn
New Contributor
New Contributor

Can a moderator help me this scam just came up today ive already changed my monthly usage to $0 though

0 Kudos
Marie

Hey Capricorn 🙂

You're welcome to PM through your details and we'd be happy to check this out for you. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
pluan
New Contributor
New Contributor

I have also been scammed and charged $35.25 which will be added to the next bill. I did receive the SMS about the subscription on the 6th November 2017 but ignored it thinking it was just spam. I have never heard or been on the Jamster website. On further research, I found that you must verify your subscription with a code that is sent to the mobile number. I have never received or verified for such services. I was able to go back to that long forgotten SMS and send STOP, but I am disgusted at how a service can charge you and be added to the third party services of Optus without additional verification and confirmation by Optus. I have just changed my DCB from $200 to $0 after reading the forum posts above, I believe that Optus customers should also have greater exposure on such billing as I have not known about it prior to such scam happening. I want Optus to conduct an investigation on how this company is able to charge Optus customers who have not signed up for this service so easily and with just one simple SMS. Such subscriptions should be confirmed with a text message from OPTUS before it is able to be directly added to the bill. I hope that this doesn't happen to more people and that Optus is able to provide a solution so such scams do not occur. I also want to request the proof of how my account signed up for such services and a resolution on this added payment to my bill that I did not use. I am frustrated and unhappy with such experiences as I have been a loyal Optus customer for more than 10 years and to deal with this after a busy week of work is just ridiculous!!!

Ping 

pluan
New Contributor
New Contributor

UPDATE: I have just called customer service, they said the bill has already been printed for the month so I will be paying for the additional $35.25. They agreed for it to be credited on the next bill, I will keep you guys updated when it or if it does.

0 Kudos
domwild
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

One-click subscription to "Premium Services" via spam SMS messages are prohibited under the telco industry recommendations:

1. Ring the telco and ask for the money to be refunded. Ignore suggestion to get money back from scammer, that never works.
  2. If unsuccessful during the call, mention a complaint to TIO (Ombudsman).
  3. Check telco invoice(s). If still unsuccessful, place on-line complaint to TIO, that helps to get the lost money back. Record reference number. Use it later to escalate complaint.

Forget ACCC, ACMA, ACORN, Scamwatch, Scamnet, etc., all you get back is an automated response and no investigation. The TIO will get your money back.

Regards

domwild

0 Kudos
Guilli87
New Contributor
New Contributor

Hi Toomey I have had the same problem twice now, I woke up this morning amd it's happened again, I don't understand how this Jamster Club fraud still has my number as I know it's not Jamster but 1 person only working out of an office somwhere, they sound European and I have had correspondence with them in which they have been exceptionally rude.

I am on Prepaid and cannot to lose credit like this, the total of lost credit so far over every time is close to $20.

I want this to not happen again and I want to be able to trust Optus.

I am going to run out of credit now and can't afford more for 2 weeks.

I don't even want to buy more if this is what's going to keep happening.

Please help me fix this and hopefully even get a refund on my stolen credit so I can still call people over the next fortnight.

0 Kudos
domwild
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

OK, I hope Optus will take your pleas to heart and act. If not, please follow my suggestions in the post before yours to get your money back.

Optus claims these scams will stop in January 2018, Telstra scams have stopped this month.

0 Kudos
Tano
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

Hey @Guilli87, sorry to hear that 😕 Can you send through a private message when you get a chance so we can take a look into this for you?

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos