Searching...

Mobile

Re: JAMSTER SCAM

Adstar

Ahhh!!! Looks like this is an issue for a lot of people. I also have been hit with this scam. I did not click any link, have never been to the Jamster website or anything like that, but have also received this SMS from 194000 stating "U've subscribed to Jamster...". It does seem to me that this would be a breach in either telco or billing requirements. If I sign up for a direct debit, I need to complete a form authorising payment to be made and the bank will not charge my account without that authorisation, but this company is able to I assume add random mobile numbers to their account and just start charging??? Where is the authorisation for this?? I assume Optus will be able to request from them the proof of how someone signed up to their service?? I have only just received the SMS about an hour and a half ago, but would like to firstly ensure this is not going to be added to my bill, secondly start an action against this company, so if Optus could start legal action against them or if I need to contact the telecommuncation ombudsman to start this, please let me know. This type of practice needs to be removed and Optus you need to put in place checks to ensure companies cannot start charging an account without some sort of authorisation!!!

Thanks, Adam.

Toomey

Hey guys, if you need a hand, shoot us a private message with your phone number, full name and DOB so my team can fix it up. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

Knister2013

Hi,

same happened to me, yesterday I got a SMS from Jamster, that I subscribed for their services which I did not. So far they could only charge me 5$, because I have prepaid. But I am afraid as soon as I recharge, they'll charge me more.

Thanks!

alice2610

Definitely get on to optus asap it took me a few times of requesting a 3rd part content block for it to be blocked  i got $45  of charges once a week for 3 weeks before it was blocked  optus did  credit me but im on a plan still worth a shot 

Good luck 

LorrW

Exactly the same thing happened to me on 23rd March with these scummy JAMSTER GAMING frauds. Put a STOP on this only to be followed up by yet another scam a few days later on 31st March..under the name of POCKET SKILL MOBILE GAMING !!Quickly put a STOP on this also. It is so enfuriating. How the hell can they get away with this?? Imagine the $$ they must be getting away with. Have reduced my recharge amount so the scammers can't get away with too many $$ in one swoop. Tried following instructions on how to reduce 3rd party sms spend but Optus does not make this easy. In the meantime how many other scammers are going to swoop in on my hard earned $$?? This mode of operation is wrong on so many levels. !!!!!!

Followed all prompts after clicking on 'S

MS SPEND CONTROL' but couldn't find the

Finally located 'SMS SPEND CONTROL'

& followed the prompts from there but once in optus zoo couldn't see any lever control slider anywhere. Grhhhhhhh...so damned frustrating

Finally got through to 'SMS Spend Control' but where is the lever bar to change spend from $200 to $0 ???? Searched everywhere

alice2610

Definitely get on to optus asap it took me a few times of requesting a 3rd part content block for it to be blocked  i got $45  of charges once a week for 3 weeks before it was blocked  optus did  credit me but im on a plan still worth a shot 

Good luck 

I know how frustrating it was to keep getting charges yet optus claims it was blocked i just complained at every opportunity because after being a  postpaid customer for 11 yrs i was treated poorly optus did credit my acc in the end but ot was a frustrating process trying to prove i didn't subscribe to jamster  oh btw how they got me was  a tryed to swipe a app out of my facebook app that was on the screen it downloaded i tried to delete it but i couldn't then the msgs kept coming 

Steph_C

We can definitely get this sorted if you if you're still having trouble reducing your spend @LorrW - please send a PM with your full name, mobile number and DOB. 

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

Highlighted

LorrW

Hi Steph_C. 

Thanks but it is now sorted thank goodness.

I went on live chat via the optus app and spoke to Kat_P who had it sorted in no time. I should have done that in the first place. 

Very frustrating though that Optus customers are being subjected to this scam. Surely Optus can put some measures in place whereby 3rd party operators must have subscription verified BEFORE they can legally remove dollars. Am busy for the next couple of weeks but I will be looking further into this scam. The mind boggles at how much money they are getting away with....shouldn't be happening. 

Carcharon

hi looney toomey.

seems like you only respond to customers that are aware they have been scammed by your company.

That means those UN_AWARE will not get a refund?

How do you SHEET EATERS sleep at nite???

Carcharon

we would be willing to assist..help..send us details and well looked into it...

UP YOURS DOUCE BAG SCAMMER SCUM

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
79 Kudos
75 Kudos
62 Kudos
54 Kudos
49 Kudos