Searching...

Mobile

Highlighted
Accepted Solution

JAMSTER SCAM

paulwarren1964

I have just received my OPTUS bill for November. A new charge appeared under something called 'content services'. The supposed 'service' was from a company called 'JamsterGamerClub'. I was charged three times in the same minute, on the same day, for $4.55 each time. A total of $13.65. I have never even heard of this company. I don't play online games. I don't download ringtones or anything like that. I literally have no idea what these $4.55 amounts could possibly be for.I don't understand how OPTUS can just take the word of some dodgy scam company who claims they provided a service without some evidence that I have agreed to it.

I tried to call Optus to find out what it is about but of course it's out of hours. It's always out of hours becaue the wait time is so long, trying to call OPTUS in a break at work is impossible.

I then tried to call the phone number next to Jamster on my Optus bill but they didn't answer, redirected me to a voice mail and then didn't respond.

I read something online about a way to block these scam artists from doing this but I couldn't find how to do it on the OPTUS website. Since I can't talk to a human operator I thought I would try here. I am after three things.

1. I want to block this fraudulent Jamster company.

2. I want OPTUS to only bill me for services which I have requested, and which OPTUS provides. Not a third party. Just OPTUS.

3. I want to be recredited for the $13.65 which OPTUS is charging me for a service I never authorised, never requested, and never received.

Sounds reasonable to me!

Re: JAMSTER SCAM

markdennis

i think thats premium sms charges, you can request to have your spending limit set to zero so any third party wont be able to charge you, you also need to contact 133937 so they can adjust your bill

Solution

Toomey

Hey Paul, really sorry for the negative impact this has caused. You've raised the issue early enough to have it fixed.

Check out this YesCrowd article on instructions to reduce your Content Spend to $0.

Direct Carrier Billing is used in heaps of ways, I make all my app purchases using DCB as well as my monthly Netflix subscription, just bare that in mind if you're trying to use DCB after setting your spend to $0 because all transactions will be declined.

I can also file a dispute of the Jamster charges on your account to have them refunded. Shoot me a Private Message with your full name, DOB and phone number. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

paulwarren1964

Thanks Toomey. That was very helpful. I found the 'slider' in settings and adjusted the amount to zero dollars. I assume that's all I need to do to stop these scammers claiming I have requested a service from them. 

Personally I think these subscription service things should be illegal. I still have no idea what this was all about. I don't play online games and I don't download ringtones etc. I think the whole things is fraudulent.

It remains to be seen whether the Jamster charges get removed from my account but I think you have helped prevent any further charges from them or anyone like them. Thanks for that!

Casey_

You're welcome Paul Smiley Happy I have just responded to your PM too. Casey

alice2610

I have been hit with the sam scam jamster have charged me $60 in premium subscribed sms i didnt subscribe to or receive on my phone  very upset about it have spoken to optus live chat who filed a dispute with jamster and said someone should contact me in 2 days noone has contacted me yet they did at least place a ban on content services but id really like the extra charges sorted i also emailed jamster to stop my bogus subscription but it seems like to keep my phone connected i have to pay the extra money it seems very unfair i have been a loyal post paid customer for over 10 yrs i alwats have my bill paid in advance 😠😠😠😠

Aman_B

Hey @alice2610, really sorry for the inconvenience caused with these unwanted charges. Are you able to PM me your full name, Optus service number & date of birth so we can take a look into this? Aman

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

alice2610

Hi aman 

Pretty sure i spoke to you yesterday afternoon via pm waiting on a call back from jamster 

Aman_B

Hey @alice2610, how are you doing? Yes the call back will be in around 2 business days. 

Jacqui123

Can you please do the same for me too. I have been charged $45 by Jamster alone for my second billing month. My plan is a $40 per month plan so it is ridiculous for me to pay $45 on top of that for a service I am not using ! Please help.. Smiley Mad

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
78 Kudos
74 Kudos
63 Kudos
55 Kudos
49 Kudos