cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Welcome to the new look Community! We're still upgrading and making some changes to the platform over the coming weeks! Stay tuned.
New Contributor Ash_00
New Contributor

Issue with Porting

https://yescrowd.optus.com.au/t5/Mobile/Porting-issue-active-on-two-networks/td-p/502561

I'm facing an issue identical to the above thread. My port was completed to Optus today from Telstra but I am still able to make calls from both Sims and have access to data on both (using 2 phones).

Hopefully someone from OPTUS can work the magic that did the job in that older thread???

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

Re: Issue with Porting

Turn both phones off and only turn the phone back on that has the Optus SIM in it. Do this every few hours to try and trigger the rest of the port to work (if you haven't already)

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
I do not represent Optus. The views, opinions and advice expressed in my posts are my own
0 Kudos
New Contributor Ash_00
New Contributor

Thanks Sam, have tried that. I checked through the telstra app that its active still, in the past ported services drop off.

0 Kudos
New Contributor Ash_00
New Contributor

Phone call was futile, just told to wait for 1 hour. Next time round there was a 30 min wait and chat was in the dark in what to do.

I'm only getting calls from Optus callers with others not getting through unless I use another phone with the Telstra Sim.

How does a partial port even happen Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Hi there Ash_00,

Thank you for raising this issue. Definitely a strange one, but not unique.
We’re unable to look into account details on Yes Crowd.
If you have a social media account, please send a PM to Optus on Facebook or a DM on Twitter with the details.

You might even get one of the guys who resolved the issue as per the other thread ☺️  

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
New Contributor Ash_00
New Contributor

Resolved this afternoon, Telstra Sim has dropped off and all calls are coming to Optus.

Port had to be actioned again.

0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Excellent news, thanks for coming back to Yes Crowd to let us know ☺️ 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Top Contributors