cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Highlighted
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Re: Is Spotify still data free streaming?

What plan are you on? 

Entertainment is generally under the For You menu option, you looked under the Service -> Add-ons option?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community. This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Yes it was under service add-on's thanks I have spotify. So if I stream spotify on my pc (tethering my mobile for internet connection) is that part of the free data or only if I use spotify from the app on my phone?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

You'll be fine : )  You're able to stream music up to a bit rate of 512kbps (the quality of your audio).  As long you stay within that range, and you have the music streaming add-on, streaming Spotify will remain un-metered

(the quality of the stream depends on the account you have and the device your'e streaming off). 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Well that explains why my data usage has spiked. I carried the entertainment plan over when I rolled over my contract, specifically because of the Spotify component... no mention of the change! 😏
0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

This sucks big time!
0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Optus needs to realise that not all of their customers are on the Apple ecosystem and therefore having more options for eco-system neutral apps and free data streaming to level the playing field.

It's fortunate that I've recently upgraded my plan to have a larger data inclusion, but it's very disappointing that Spotify data-free streaming has been taken off as a member benefit inclusion.

0 Kudos
Top Contributors