cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Ray_YC
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Re: Is Spotify still data free streaming?

What plan are you on? 

Entertainment is generally under the For You menu option, you looked under the Service -> Add-ons option?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I am now no longer part of Yes Crowd or Optus. Thank you to all those who have contributed to the forum during my time, especially the regulars! Cheers!
0 Kudos
Andreas_B
New Contributor
New Contributor

Yes it was under service add-on's thanks I have spotify. So if I stream spotify on my pc (tethering my mobile for internet connection) is that part of the free data or only if I use spotify from the app on my phone?

0 Kudos
Dan_C
Retired Employee
Retired Employee

You'll be fine : )  You're able to stream music up to a bit rate of 512kbps (the quality of your audio).  As long you stay within that range, and you have the music streaming add-on, streaming Spotify will remain un-metered

(the quality of the stream depends on the account you have and the device your'e streaming off). 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Honyb883
New Contributor
New Contributor

Well that explains why my data usage has spiked. I carried the entertainment plan over when I rolled over my contract, specifically because of the Spotify component... no mention of the change! 😏
0 Kudos
Honyb883
New Contributor
New Contributor

This sucks big time!
0 Kudos
fayfay
New Contributor
New Contributor

Optus needs to realise that not all of their customers are on the Apple ecosystem and therefore having more options for eco-system neutral apps and free data streaming to level the playing field.

It's fortunate that I've recently upgraded my plan to have a larger data inclusion, but it's very disappointing that Spotify data-free streaming has been taken off as a member benefit inclusion.

0 Kudos