Searching...

Mobile

Highlighted

Ipad deal device only

Lyric39

Hey Crowd I have an iPad though optus that Ingot on the $40 month deal ...if I use a HDMI cable can ai watch it on my TV without being charged for data or does that count as using anothe device
thank you
lyric

Re: Ipad deal device only

SamSam

It counts as another device so you won't get the data free streaming

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
I do not represent Optus. The views, opinions and advice expressed in my posts are my own

Dan_C

It depends on what you're asking.

If you're referring to the data free Mobile TV streaming feature, then @SamSam advice is correct.

If you're simply wanting to mirror your iPad screen with your TV - you'll be using the data included in your rate plan. 

We’re currently performing upgrades to the Yes Crowd platform.

Please be mindful that moderator responses to private messages will be delayed until the upgrade is complete. We apologise for any inconvenience during this time.

I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community. This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

[ Edited ]
Lyric39

How would I mirror the iPad to TV without using data (Mobile TV streaming feature), (what cable would I need please)

I have an iPad and an LG tv. (Not smart Tv)

also in case it matters I haven't got wifi in the house

thank you

lyric39

Dan_C

You have a few options.

First, you'll want to ensure that the iPad is connected to your WiFi network.

• You can use an Apple TV and AirPlay content from the iPad to your TV
  • You can use a Chromecast to Cast content from the iPad to your TV
  • If you're looking for a cable method, you can purchase a lightning to HDMI adapter

Please be mindful that moderator responses to private messages will be delayed until the upgrade is complete. We apologise for any inconvenience during this time.

I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community. This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

Lyric39

Hey again I dont have wifi I use the inbuilt mobile data. Built in to my iPad.

can I use a HDMI cable from my iPad to my LG TV without using my data ...is this mirroring or considered as another device

thank you

lyric

Dan_C

Ah, I see I see. 

Using a HDMI cable is a fine. That wouldn't be considered as a separate.

If you're wanting to take advantage of free Netflix streaming, you'll likely be charged.

Mobile TV streaming is suitable for one stream per service on mobile and tablet devices only. Mobile TV will be streamed up to 1.5Mbps in SD quality

Potentially, if you set your stream quality to standard definition - you should be okay. I'd still advise against it. 

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
174 Kudos
152 Kudos
119 Kudos
85 Kudos
83 Kudos