Searching...

Mobile

Highlighted

Invoice in .csv

Sii

Hi Optus,

I have contacted you Billing Team & Technical Team multiple times about this. No one has any clue about it, even one of your "technical" team member doesnt even know whats a Microsoft Excel or .CSV.

My question: before I was able to download my past invoice in .csv format which in turn I was able to open in excel and differentiate my work phone calls & personal phone calls. This is to report to ATO when I do my personal tax returns. I WAS ABLE TO DOWNLOAD THE INVOICE IN .CSV FORMAT BEFORE but I don't see any option anymore on the website.

Can you guys please reply about why I wasnt able to do it or how can I do it from now on?? This isnt fair to ask me to pay $130/month and don't provide the invoice in a simple .CSV format.

Cheers,

Re: Invoice in .csv

petergdownload

Do you have a business account? 

I believe Optus has removed this ability (CSV bills) for residential accounts. Historically I always found it hard to get a simple itemised bill that would work with a spreadsheet. You may be able to request such a file from customer service but you'll need to find someone who knows what you're talking about obviously.

In future probably best to run a pen down the monthly PDF bill and do a quick tally.

Regards

Peter Gillespie

Sii

I don't have a business account. If optus has removed the ability to save bills in .CSV format thats big disappointment to start with and optus service agents should be aware of it.

Although, I appreciate your reply Peter,  penning down is going to take me too long and I am likely to make a human error than using a spreadsheet.

I really hope optus will bring back this feature. The last time I checked small business mobile plans are same as personal plans but not sure why would they do it.

Dan_C

@Sii, it's not something that I"ve been made aware of. Couldn't you convert the PDF to .CSV or another format such as .xls? 

We’re currently performing upgrades to the Yes Crowd platform.

Please be mindful that moderator responses may be delayed until the upgrade is complete. We apologise for any inconvenience during this time.

Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

petergdownload

@Dan_C

PDFs are essentially a photo in this situation. You can import it to say Excel but you get a horrible mish mash of  pretty much unusable data. I tried doing optical character recognition and then writing code to try extract data from places on the page, but as there's nothing consistent about how Optus lays out its bill that didn't work. 

I don't know if when a customer service agent says "I'll have a look at your bill" that they're actually looking at the same PDF version, or if they're looking at a tabulated list of calls and charges (that would export to something like Excel well)

I don't know why Optus stopped providing a useful way to manage bills for many of its customers (The functionality is there, Optus seems to have chosen not to make it available). Small business managing 5-10 accounts and individuals doing ATO returns would obviously benefit.

Regards

Peter Gillespie

forever_everest

Hi Dan,

Just wanted to note that that is some seriously terrible advice.  Please edit and note the downfall of such approach so that no user inadvertently wastes time pursuing that logic.

[ Edited ]
petergdownload

Sii

@Dan_C I can convert the PDF to .CSV or .xlsx but I need to pay Adobe acrobat pro to do that,

hught

yes.....  seems a real flaw in Optus.   used to be there.  Pretty common output format with online billing nowadays.  eg. can get bank statements, credit card statements, ISP details in CSV.    Also, not even a batch export to download multiple PDFs at same time (uif optus wanted suggestions on how to improve the customer experience.  .     

By the way there are a number of online services that will convert PDFs to Excel for free.  
Eg. "SmallPDF" or "IlovePDF" or "PDF io" etc.....  So, don't need Adobe Pro to do the PDF=> Excel convert.    
But as mentioned above, the formatting in the native Optus bill is fairly gruesome, so might not work terribly well.

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
79 Kudos
75 Kudos
63 Kudos
54 Kudos
49 Kudos