Searching...

Mobile

Internet Issues on Mobile Phone

cathalex

Hi All ... I live in Alexandria in Sydney and have been having issues with the internet on my mobile phone....the connection is slow and drops off for long periods of time.  Just wondering if anyone else is having the same issue  ??

Thanks heaps !!

Re: Internet Issues on Mobile Phone

Ray_YC

Hey there cathalex,

No reported outages when looking at our network status page.

What troubleshooting have you done? i.e. Have you tried restarting the phone, performing a network settings reset, do you live with anyone else also on the Optus network who is experiencing the same issue?

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

cathalex

HI Ray

I have restarted my phone many times but am still having this issue.

The connection was okay this morning for about 5 minutes and then it started to play up again.

The strange thing is that there is no issue with browing the internet on my phone when I am outside or at the office.

Thanks

Cath

Highlighted

tonymy01

I have been having tonnes of issues also. Macquarie Shopping centre, just a stone's throw from Optus head office have had big data problems (can't even Google search something, makes shopping a tad difficult), I suspect the network is just maxed out with the sheer volume of people in the centre, as once I am away from the centre it is reasonable again (Thursday and Saturday). Same problem again last night on Cockle Bay wharf and in front of the Xmas window display at David Jones.

I have never experienced such poor data throughout since Optus first started offering data!

It would seem the Huaweii 4G network has a saturation point and this Xmas period it is reached in some areas.

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
128 Kudos
126 Kudos
100 Kudos
86 Kudos
56 Kudos