Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor usb
Occasional Contributor

International roaming... and who pays?

Hello

This is the third time I have tried to post this. Fingers crossed it works this time.

• Who pays, and what do they pay, when calling an Optus number that is International Roaming?
  • If I dont have to put the international dialling code infront of the number I am calling, is it an international call?
  • Are text and voice calls dealt with the same?

Please help.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Re: International roaming... and who pays?

Awesome 🙂 That's worked!

Who pays, and what do they pay, when calling an Optus number that is International Roaming?

Both the recipient of the call and the caller will be charged for the call. The recipient is charged based on the location that they're receiving the call from. You'll need to check out our roaming page for specific countries. For international call charges from Australia, click here

If I don’t have to put the international dialling code in front of the number I am calling, is it an international call?

I believe so, in some cases the carrier might detect that it's an international call and automatically place the pre-fix in front.

Are text and voice calls dealt with the same?

Yes, both the recipient of the international SMS and sender will be charged. We have international minutes/texting built into most of our current mobile rate plans. It might be worth taking a look.

Mobile Rate Plans.

I hope you find the above helpful 🙂 Let us know if you have any other questions. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Top Contributors