cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor IV
Occasional Contributor

International calls gives me this error 'Optus advises the number you have dialled is disconnected'

Recently I get this error message when I make any international call from my Samsung mobile on prepaid account service:

"Optus advises the number you have dialled is disconnected"

I have raised the matter through chat to the technical team and also talked with them on phone but they are clueless as to why I cannot make international calls.    Could someone please help me with this because for days already there is no solution from the technical team?    I have checked that the numbers are still valid and NOT disconnected by testing with other means of calling.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Re: International calls gives me this error 'Optus advises the number you have dialled is disconnected'

There's a couple of things we'll need to know:

1) Which Prepaid Mobile plan are you using? 

2) Does the Prepaid plan include international calls as an inclusion, (you have might have include international minutes or the option to use your "extras credit" for International calls. You can also check your Plan CIS to confirm your inclusions. 

We may have barred international calls from your service in error. Contact us and ask the agent to confirm that international calling has been enabled on the front end and back end system.

--------------------------------------------------------------
We’re currently performing upgrades to the Yes Crowd platform.

Please be mindful that moderator responses may be delayed until the upgrade is complete. We apologise for any inconvenience during this time.

Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor IV
Occasional Contributor

Re: International calls gives me this error 'Optus advises the number you have dialled is disconnect

Thanks for responding.    I am on Whirlpool saver's prepaid mobile plan and international calls are most certainly included as I have used it often in the past.   I have been on online chat and also talked to technical team on the phone too asking them to check on the international call barring and they said that it was not the problem.  

I would  imagine that if there were a backend blocking that  they would have checked that on their own intiative without me having to tell them.   It reflects disgracefully on the Optus technical team if a customer has to tell them how to solve a problem that those who are charged with maintaining the internals of the telephony system which a customer has no access to understand.

For how many more hours of my time must I waste trying to talk and chat with the technical team before this problem could be resolved?    I must have already had to talk and chat with them for more than 10 hours and waited for many days while they have NOT responded as I requested via email.    

We Optus customers have come to have to put up with this extremely poor customer service and errors of Optus.    This must end.     I hope you are able to do something more than just ask me some questions and leaving me in this state of NOT having intenational telephony service.   What are we paying Optus for???    The level of incompetence of Optus is astounding and shocking.

0 Kudos
Top Contributors