Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
For Australian Bushfire info please click here
New Contributor Biok24
New Contributor

International Roaming Croatia Network

I’ve had issues the last 2 days ‘No Service’ or ‘Searching’ 

Anyone else? Is there a fix? 

I’ve tried on/off; reset; manual selection... nightmare.

0 Kudos
9 Replies
Highlighted
RetiredModerator Shauna
RetiredModerator

Re: International Roaming Croatia Network

Hey @Biok24 - Thanks for getting in touch!

Haven't had much feedback about customers struggling to roam whilst in Croatia. 

Have you been able to connect to any other networks whilst overseas? 
Do you know if your roaming has been switched off? 

What device are you using?

This may be an issue with the cellular tower where you're currently located, however we'll see if there's anything we can do from our end. 

Alternatively, our techs are available via Live Chat here → https://www.optus.com.au/shop/notices/service-chat.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor Biok24
New Contributor

Hi. No issues in Italy or UAE. Live chat was useless and advised switch on/off. Roaming activated.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor jgibson
New Contributor

I’m in Dubrovnik, Croatia right now and have been having issues today. No Service. It was working yesterday though. What’s worse is my bags have been lost by Emirates and I need my phone urgently. Optus please fix this issue. It is obviously not an isolated case. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
RetiredModerator Tano
RetiredModerator

Hey @jgibson, can you try connecting to one of the following networks:

- Tele2

- T-Mobile

- VIPnet

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor jgibson
New Contributor

I have tried Tele2 HR but the others you mentioned aren’t available. I have been through the “standard” Optus checklist around disabling 4g and change service providers. Nothing has helped. This is a major issue particularly since I paid a massive premium for Optus and it’s jnlimited roaming calls... which I now can’t use. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
RetiredModerator Tano
RetiredModerator

@jgibson we can take a look at things on our end to ensure everything's set up correctly, however we can't really identify or know if there is an issue to investigate unless it's referred to our Tech Support team as detailed above. Feel free to send through a private message with the full name, phone number and DOB and I'll take a quick look at the settings and run through some additional troubleshooting with you.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor Henners66
New Contributor

Hello I am having issues connecting in Croatia too. I had no issues in France or Italy. Tried all the troubleshooting, and have tried connecting to the recommended services to no avail. 

Please fix

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor jgibson
New Contributor

This clearly isn’t an isolated issue. Can you please escalate this as a matter of urgency! I’m really in a bad way without my luggage and I need my phone in order to locate it. It has been more than two days now without service. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Moderator Aman_B

Hi @ Henners66 and @jgibson - Sorry to hear that you've had issues with your service. Could you please try doing a manual network selection from your handset settings and check if this helps? 

0 Kudos
Top Contributors