Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
For Australian Bushfire info please click here
Occasional Contributor Ortega
Occasional Contributor

Re: International Connection In Austria

DOES OPTUS UNDERSTAND THAT SIM CARDS ARE CONNECTED TO BANK ACOUNTS AND WHEN ONE DOESN'T WORK NEITHER DOES THE OTHER?

CAN OPTUS OPERATE WITHOUT PAYMENTS/BANKING?

WHY DO THEY EXPECT THEIR CUSTOMERS SHOULD?

0 Kudos
RetiredModerator Tano
RetiredModerator

Hi @Ortega, I can appreciate that this ongoing issue may be the cause of much frustration and inconvenience. The fault ticket does have ongoing and daily updates, multiple times throughout each day, there is an active investigation and our tech teams are working around the clock. 

I would recommend contacting your bank at your earliest convenience to change your security settings to email so that you may access your banking accounts. Once you have access to a private WiFi network, you can utilise this to use a third-party service/app to call via an internet connection. I appreciate that this is far from ideal, however given the urgency I would highly recommend you utilise this option. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

Change my security settings to Email! Why didn't I think of that!

Except ... to make that change the bank requires THE PIN SENT BY SMS TO MY OPTUS SIM CARD - THAT STILL DOESNT WORK.

Another day ticks by.

FInancial damage grows.

FIX THE PROBLEM NOWSmiley Mad

Spoiler

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

Ok, the S is really HTF now. Another day passes and still no Optus network connection in Austria.

Instead of trying to make it my bank's problem, can Optus help me retrieve my SMS alerts from my bank some other way?

I have been vehement about the financial damage being done to me. Surely you people can help me make a financial transaction by allowing me to access my SMS some other way?

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor SusanneH
Occasional Contributor

It has been 15 days now with no network connection. Can not understand why there is such difficulty as I have been coming to Austria on almost yearly basis. This happened only once before and was fixed within two days when I reported it to Optus. So why no solution and fix this time?

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

Just received network connection. Network is T-Mobile A. Tested it with two international phone calls. Fingers crossed this is the fix by Optus.

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

Network connection not working again. Very difficult situation. Optus needs to get this sorted once and for all.

0 Kudos
New Contributor Ildiko
New Contributor

I have no idea if the issue has been solved but Optus DOES NOT CARE. I had the same issue more than a year ago and had to go through reporting the issue, getting a ref number blah blah... they must have hundreds of them. I am goi g to Austria next week but will NOT use Optus there

0 Kudos
Top Contributors