Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
For Australian Bushfire info please click here
Occasional Contributor SusanneH
Occasional Contributor

International Connection In Austria

Hi everyone, I am currently in Austria and my phone no longer will connect to a network. It worked for a few weeks but then stopped 2 days ago. Optus says its a problem with Austria and their team is working on it. They gave me an RP number.

Really difficult as I need my Phone for banking. Anyone else having issues, please?

0 Kudos
27 Replies
RetiredModerator Tano
RetiredModerator

Re: International Connection In Austria

Hey @SusanneH, can you send through the reference number they gave you so I can take a look?

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Occasional Contributor

Hi Tano the report number is 19048698. I still can not connect to a network. I have wifi only. 

0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

@suanneH, it looks to be wide spread issue.

I've had a scroll through the fault ticket that's been raised - 19048698

We have received multiple customer complaints including Business customers of no service whilst attempting to ROAM in AUSTRIA from 24/07.

Another escalation was sent through to Networks earlier on this afternoon.

-----------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Occasional Contributor

Thank you Dan for keeping me up to date

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor Ortega
Occasional Contributor

Hi -

We have 3 Optus sim's in the house atm and NONE of them work in Austria (they normally connect with A1 but it now says no service)

Hey OPTUS ......... this needs fixing ASAP

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

Good morning.

Has anyone had any luck connecting with an Optus sim yet?

We still have no connection. 

Not able to do banking now becoming a real issue!

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

No luck yet..mine has been down 4 days now. Yes it is becoming an issue due to being unable to do banking. Same happened to me two years ago when it went down for 10 days and then suddenly was back on. I was here last december to january and was no problen then. Pretty bad this being an issue with these days technologies. 

0 Kudos
RetiredModerator Shauna
RetiredModerator

Hey guys - apologies for the issues in Austria. I can confirm our techs are still working on this. The last update on the fault ticket was from 4PM this afternoon AEST. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

Hi

Still no network service in Austria.

The biggest issue here is banking - does Optus understand that all banking transactions are halted when service fails? It's particularly damaging for customers overseas.

This has now dragged on too long.

0 Kudos
Top Contributors