Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
For Australian Bushfire info please click here
New Contributor boxod
New Contributor

Insurance Loan Phone - The worst business process I've encountered

Recently I made an inusrance claim for my phone which got smashed up in a car accident. The insurance department told me to visit a store to orgainse it to be sent away and to receive a loan phone in the meantime.

Upon visiting the store, they informed me they have to order in the loan phone from the warehouse which can take up to 4 business days, when the insurance claim itself should only take up to 5 business days. I was annoyed but agreed and askedth em to order one and I'll be back to drop my phone off when the loan phone was in.

This was when they informed me they cannot order a loan phone until my insurance order is submitted and my phone taken away. This was when I was completely dumb-struck... The store cannot even order prior to submitting the order. Optus have set up a business process where they offer loan phones after 4 days and suqsequent to taking a phone off for repair, meaning you're without a phone for nearly a week and basically offered a loan for 1 day. This is one of the most absolutely absurd processes I've ever come across, totalling negating the entire purpose of a loan phone.

There has been no resolution and no one has offered any kind of concession or a different path. I am paying extra for this insurance service and it has been so unbelievabley useless that I cannot see any benefit of sticking with Optus anymore.

I can't imagine that I'm the only customer who has come across this issue. So, what have other people worked through with this? My phone is cutting me to pieces at the moment with its condition and, yet, I have no other in place to use while away for repair.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
RetiredModerator JordanOptus
RetiredModerator

Re: Insurance Loan Phone - The worst business process I've encountered

Hey @boxod feel free to shoot me a PM with your full name, DOB, and account/service number and we'll see what we can do. Jordan

0 Kudos
Top Contributors