Searching...

Mobile

Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Input NP code for alcatel

yakabot

I've searched and there's no recent answer, so hope its okay to post it. Have an Alcatel candy bar phone. Bought as a prepaid about a year ago. Went online today and paid for the unlock code. All good. But after putting a different carrier sim in it, it says "Input NP code" 5 trials left/remaining.

The unlock code didn't work as its not what its asking for.

Did a live chat session which confirmed I had the correct unlock code, but had no idea what the NP code was for or how to help. They just said to take it in to an Optus store. 

Is this the only thing I can? Go into a store? Thanks.

Re: Input NP code for alcatel

Toomey

Hmm I'm not sure what the NP code could mean, it sounds like this is separate to your unlock code.

I've tried looking it up online but there doesn't seem to be any information. Have you tried reaching out to Alcatel directly for more information?

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

yakabot

Hi Toomey. No one knows. The run around I've had trying to sort this is ridiculous. Rang the customer care number the optus shop gave me, half hour later I get told, this is for post paid help. Start again. Get through to another dead end and they transfer me to Alcatel. The Alcatel guy knows nothing about any NP code and says its an extra code Optus put on it. Sent a Facebook message where they passed it up higher, and just heard back half an hour ago that I should try a factory reset first, and if that doesn't fix it, they have no other ideas. Seriously not happy about it. 

GuyCS

We do apologise for any difficulties getting support with this one. I've just spoken to Chloe who is handling your enquiry over Facebook PM to make sure we're both across everything. 

Personally, I believe this may be an issue related specifically to Alcatel OneTouch devices, as I've seen an issue with a OneTouch device requesting an NP code in the past. I know we were able to get that one resolved, but unfortunately I'm unaware of what steps were taken to achieve this.

That being said, we're going to follow up further with our back office team to see if we can sort this one out. We've just sent through some more information to that team in regard to this. We'll keep you informed of any updates. Appreciate your patience. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

yakabot

Just for anyone who finds this thread through a search, after much to and fro between optus and Alcatel, eventually the NP code was figured out and sent to me. Thanks to the staff members who escalated the problem and resolved it.

Dan_C

Ah, thanks for the update @yakabot.

If something else comes up, you know where to find us! Have a great day ahead Smiley Happy 

We’re currently performing upgrades to the Yes Crowd platform.

Please be mindful that moderator responses may be delayed until the upgrade is complete. We apologise for any inconvenience during this time.

Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

aloeverahh

Hello, I'm running into the same problem it seems after porting my number to a new provider on my alcatel onetouch device. What information do I need to provide in order to process through a fix?

thanks!

chloesok

Hey @aloeverahh, thanks for reaching out to us. I'm sorry to hear that you're having similar issues with this!

If you could please send us a PM with your full name, DOB and previous Optus account or service number, along with the IMEI for the handset, we'd be happy to raise a case with our IMEI Back Office team for further review into this one. 

BedaCA

Hi,

We need help with Inputting a NP code into a Alcatel One Touch phone.

Thanks!

Ray_YC

Hi there Bedaca,

The steps required for an Alcatel One Touch should just be:

Insert a non Optus SIM

Enter the unlock code

Hit OK

Please let us know if you still need a hand

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
76 Kudos
76 Kudos
74 Kudos
73 Kudos
52 Kudos