cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
New Contributor Q123
New Contributor

Increasing My promo plus plan during contract period

Can someone confirm if cancellation fees apply if you are merely upgrading to a higher price plan within the contract period with My SIM promo?

From reading the CIS I think you won't incur a cancellation fee but every single service agent says you do. Doesn't make any sense if I am increasing my plan?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Increasing My promo plus plan during contract period

There has been a flurry of posts in recent weeks on this topic and reading off the information on the CIS below I believe you should be able to upgrade without penalty or fees. Assuming the CIS below belongs to the plan in question I would be asking the sales person to look at the CIS and read the section under Plan Changes.

Edit: I should also say as I did in another post that you need to upgrade within the same plan group to avoid penalties or fees.

https://smb.optus.com.au/opfiles/Shop/All/cis/Cis%20Documents/CIS_12M_MPP_SIM_Only_(Online).pdf

0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Re: Increasing My promo plus plan during contract period

Optus rate plan change criteria 

Plan changes need to be within the same plan family and to a higher monthly access fee.

You cannot change to a plan that:

• is a different plan family e.g. My Plan Plus to My Plan Flex
  • is a different contract length e.g. 24M plan to 12M SIM only
  • is a lower monthly access fee

Promotional plans have their own rules around rate plan changing. For plan change eligibility, you'll need to check your plan CIS.

-----------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Top Contributors