Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
For Australian Bushfire info please click here
New Contributor Q123
New Contributor

Increasing My promo plus plan during contract period

Can someone confirm if cancellation fees apply if you are merely upgrading to a higher price plan within the contract period with My SIM promo?

From reading the CIS I think you won't incur a cancellation fee but every single service agent says you do. Doesn't make any sense if I am increasing my plan?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Increasing My promo plus plan during contract period

There has been a flurry of posts in recent weeks on this topic and reading off the information on the CIS below I believe you should be able to upgrade without penalty or fees. Assuming the CIS below belongs to the plan in question I would be asking the sales person to look at the CIS and read the section under Plan Changes.

Edit: I should also say as I did in another post that you need to upgrade within the same plan group to avoid penalties or fees.

https://smb.optus.com.au/opfiles/Shop/All/cis/Cis%20Documents/CIS_12M_MPP_SIM_Only_(Online).pdf

0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Re: Increasing My promo plus plan during contract period

Optus rate plan change criteria 

Plan changes need to be within the same plan family and to a higher monthly access fee.

You cannot change to a plan that:

• is a different plan family e.g. My Plan Plus to My Plan Flex
  • is a different contract length e.g. 24M plan to 12M SIM only
  • is a lower monthly access fee

Promotional plans have their own rules around rate plan changing. For plan change eligibility, you'll need to check your plan CIS.

-----------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Top Contributors