Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
COVID-19 impact to Yes Crowd & Contact Centres info here
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Incorrect daily rate applied to my Final bill amount calculation

I've signed up for a $40 per month, 1 yr contract with Optus, which used to give me 10GB data and 300 min. Int'l talktime to selected countries. I've used this service for more than a year and recently switched to a different service provider. However my final bill (prorata calculation), has been done using the rate of $60.

I've already explained the same to Optus customer care using chat, calling them directly and most recently have spoken to Optus finance Dept representative. Unfortunately no one is able to help me.

I'm very upset and frustated, as am not getting a fair response. Any one aware of further options in my case. I am thinking of lodging a complaint to Telecom Industry Ombudsman (TIE).

0 Kudos
11 Replies
Highlighted
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

Re: Incorrect daily rate applied to my Final bill amount calculation

Hey @SJ15 - The $40 1 year promo, may have been $60 to start with however you would have received a $20 discount for 12 months. If you had cancelled or ported to another provider after the 12 month period, you would have been charged at the $60 rate.

That being said, I don't want to make any assumptions without taking a look into your bill. Can you please send me a private message with your account details? 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Hi Shauna,
i was getting $40 per month bill even though 12 month period was over. Optus has continued my same plan.. So I expect even the final bill to be calculated with the same rate.

Here is my account number- XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX. Please check the final settlement bill, for the two mobile numbers, I had under this account.

Regards,
Shelendra

0 Kudos
Highlighted
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

Okay, I see what you're saying. 

Can you please confirm your full name and DOB? 

Happy to investigate 🙂

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Shelendra Jain

DOB- XX/XX/XXXX

0 Kudos
Highlighted
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

Thanks Shelendra.

I've looked into your account & can see you last bill was for $50.15.

This was your $40 base + an extra $10 data top up.

Doesn't look like you were billed a cancellation fee or a Pro Rata amount of $60 on your last bill. 

You were refunded $16.76 onto your final bill, which had a port out fee of $7.99 & a payment processing fee of .19 cents. 

With what was left over from your bill, we refunded your bank account $8.57 on the 15/08.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Refer invoice no XXXXXXXXXX

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

I have not used the mobile service for full last month. I have ported out to other service provider. So expect to get charged on pro-rata basis.

The invoice no shared in my previous comment, has the details about prorate bill calculation.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

Deleted by admin

0 Kudos
Highlighted
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

Sorry Shelendra - Can you please private message me so we can discuss further? I don't want to pop any account info on this public post. I've edited the previous posts.

0 Kudos