cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question

Yes Crowd will close and be redirected to Help & Support on the 1st November 2021.

Taminary
New Contributor
New Contributor

Inconsistencies with current billing and plan initially applied for

So I had opted for a Galaxy S9+ plan which was offered towards the end of March of this year. The plan was $59 + $20 device charges. This specific plan also had mobile TV and music streaming included in it. I also opted for a $5 monthly fee to cover international calls. I have an e-mail containing this information.

However, since the previous billing cycle I have been charged $15 for international calls. I've raised this with Optus via chat, and have been informed that the international pack was NOT in my plan. And also that the international calls only cover certain counties (which I get), however AT THE TIME that I ordered and updated my plan, the country I called to was part of the selected countires. 

It's disappointing that I would contact customer support and they would only check against what is currently being offered in the website and there's no way for me to show them the proof that I have.

Would any of you have a suggestion for this matter? Much appreciated.

Thanks,

Tam

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
petergdownload
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Re: Inconsistencies with current billing and plan initially applied for

International Countries Included don't change very often AFAIK. What country are you refering to?

What does the email say? Does it refer to a particular CIS. 

It seems like you might need to try another customer service person as you can get different responces sometimes. They should apply the pack properly and refund the $15 to date.

A mod might be able to look into your plan details @Dan_C   @Toomey

Peter Gillespie

0 Kudos
Dan_C
Retired Employee
Retired Employee

Thanks @petergdownload

@Taminary, I've managed to locate the $59.00 promo plan CIS

There are no international calling/SMS inclusions in this rate plan.

If you could copy the contents of that email and/or attach any documents you received at point of sale, that'd be really handy.

You can send that through to → http://yesopt.us/pmdan.

As far international value add-on packs are concerned, we do have the following:

What international Talk & Text Packs are there?

If your plan doesn’t include any international inclusions and you signed up to a My Plan Plus (including SIM Only) after 21 May 2018 you can add $10/mth Unlimited Standard International Talk & Text Add-on (to 35 Selected Countries). Selected Countries: Brazil, Brunei, Cambodia, Canada, China, Colombia, Denmark, France, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, Hungary, India, Indonesia, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Japan, Laos, Lebanon, Malaysia, Malta, Mexico, New Zealand, Norway, Poland, Romania, Singapore, South Korea, Sweden, Taiwan, Thailand, USA, United Kingdom and Vietnam.

Resource - https://www.optus.com.au/shop/mobile/international-call-rates

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
petergdownload
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Seems like $10 is the going rate for a international bolt on:

You may be able to purchase a $10/mth International Talk & Text Add-on (depending upon your plan) or you can pay standard International Pay As You Go Rates. To see if you are eligible for an International Talk & Text Add On call us in 1300 300 937

Peter Gillespie

0 Kudos
Taminary
New Contributor
New Contributor

optusemail.JPG

I reiterate how checking against what is currently on the website may not be as helpful as this was offered months ago and does not appear to be offered anywhere on the website anymore.

What irks me most is that I specifically picked this plan when it was promoted because it suited my needs -- but after reaching out to customer support, I found that I'm being treated as though I was daydreaming about it. Also, the international talk & text pack was not the one for unlimited calls and texts but instead the one which allowed 150 minutes of calls per month.

Wozz
Contributor
Contributor

Yeah they seem to have a really poor record of past promotions. I got told a similar thing for a promotion I signed up for.

Best bet is to probably contact the TIO with all proof - This way at least you know someone might investigate it (if you go to live chat I can guarantee they won't investigate, at best, they'll give you a credit for 1 month and you'll have the same problem again next month)

0 Kudos