Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
H19
New Contributor
New Contributor

Incoming calls straight to message bank

Hi,

As of today when someone tries to call me it goes straight to my message bank, i can still text and make phone calls but any calls coming in, straight to message bank. I have double checked to make sure things like do not disturb are not on, everything like that is fine. Bill is all up to date also.

Is anyone else having this issue? I have turned on and off a few times also. Tried to call optus but wait times are very long  and im at work and i cant request a call back as it wont work.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Davelew
Crowd Champion
Crowd Champion

Re: Incoming calls straight to message bank

Hi

Have you checked to ensure your settings aren't set for all calls to be diverted. Have a look at this link to ensure there are no calls been set to be diverted:

http://www.optus.com.au/shop/support/answer/how-to-add-change-or-remove-call-diversions-mobile-phone...

Dave

I’m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
H19
New Contributor
New Contributor

Thanks Dave! I have just tried this and all the options it gives you all have OFF next to them? 

Not it sure if I should try change them or not 

0 Kudos
Davelew
Crowd Champion
Crowd Champion

It is not going to hurt changing all calls to be diverted and then in the morning changing them back to not to be diverted. You will be no worse than you are now. If that doesn't work it is a call to Optus support to see if they can sort it out. 

Dave

I’m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
JezMobile
New Contributor
New Contributor

I had this problem last month. Optus insisted that I had changed some settings (I didn't). Anyway, I ended up going to the Optus Store and had them fix it... after waiting on hold to the call centre for over an hour. 

0 Kudos
Marie

Sorry to hear that @H19,

You're welcome to PM through your mobile number, full name and date of birth and we'll check out the settings on our end to see what might be causing this for you.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
macka51
New Contributor
New Contributor

My wife's phone, a samsung if that makes a difference, was doing it today. I did like you and checked all settings ,volume, network etc. All correct but no incoming calls. I switched it off completely by holding down the off button for about 3 seconds and then again when it asked if I really wanted to switch off. I waited about 30 secs then restarted the unit. Bingo, all fixed.

0 Kudos