Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Magpie9
New Contributor
New Contributor

In-store stock availability

Why is there no way to contact a store to check for stock availability? Online chat is no help either, they just try to force you to order online. I'm trying to upgrade, but after driving to one store I'm reluctant to drive to another without checking availability. Seriously optus, you make it difficult to love you.
0 Kudos
10 Replies
Ray_YC
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Re: In-store stock availability

Hi Magpie9,

Customers can definitely do this at their convenience (during store hours), simply by getting in contact with the store. 🙂 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community. This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
frubop
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

This is a ridiculous answer. The only way to get in contact with the store is to GO IN TO THE STORE. Which is exactly the OP complaint. Why should we have to drive around for hours to different stores just to find out what's in stock. I urgently need a new phone, my local store has no stock, next closest store is over an hour away. Am I just supposed to drive there and hope they have it???
Ray_YC
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Most, if not all Optus stores have their own direct number. Hence the suggestion to call ahead first.

If for some reason the number is not listed for the store(s) you need on the store locator link above frubop, please reply with what they are.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community. This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
frubop
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

I'm sorry, but this is incorrect information. There are many stores you cannot call directly, instead all they give is a 1300 number with a ridiculous self serve menu that tells you basically nothing.
0 Kudos
Ray_YC
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Could you kindly please give me an example of such store so I can provide this valuable feedback.

0 Kudos
frubop
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Geelong, Melton, Ballarat, several in Melbourne, Shepparton.
0 Kudos
Ray_YC
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Yes I see what you mean now, I don't know why those particular stores have a 1300 contact number. I will be passing this on. Thank you.

0 Kudos
frubop
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

When you call the 1300 number, one of the first things it says is something like 'if you are trying to contact a store directly, this is not possible', then you gives a bunch of useless menu options (including a link to a stock checker that doesn't even list the most common, current phones). Those stores obviously don't take calls.
0 Kudos
Ray_YC
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Yes, it is just particular stores (I clearly wasn't send the memo about this!). For example Burwood NSW store has a direct number and even select option 2 for stock availability.

A while ago we had a customer complain that they had to wait a very long time for an in-store staff member to be available as they were on the phone helping other customers so that may be part of the reason (not saying it was due to one complaint).
I've discovered I appear to have some access to overall stock availability information but not a store by store breakdown. I'll continue to look into this as I agree it's not a great customer experience.

0 Kudos
Top Contributors