Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Highlighted
New Contributor Overs
New Contributor

Im not recieveing text messages from many numbers

Since porting my number from Vodafone to Optus I don't receive all text msgs, about 50% of people show me screenshots on what's app of texts they have sent however I never received even though it says it's been sent on their end...

I have tried so many things and can't seem to fix this issue it's so frustrating!
0 Kudos
5 Replies
New Contributor Overs
New Contributor

Re: Im not recieveing text messages from many numbers

Furthermore, I am able to text them I just don't receive the reply
0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor Dolphy007
Occasional Contributor

Have you turned your phone off and back on? if you already have you might have a post porting fault. 

Contact Technical Support. You might be experiencing a post porting fault and the carriers have not updated their routing tables. 

Typically its only one carrier that can't send to you. Ask your friends which carriers they are on to confirm. 

New Contributor Overs
New Contributor

Thanks for your response, I have turned it off and on, I had an iPhone at some stage and now have a Samsung I disabled imessage and deleted all iTunes accounts, I have been to Optus and they swapped my SIM over and did some things which didn't fix the problem.. They were a little bit surprised by the problem almost to the point of disbelief, I've showed them evidence of it happening at the time too... Still no solution
0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Hi Overs,

Based on all the troubleshooting steps that have been exhausted, I'm thinking Dolphy007 might be on the money by saying it could be a post porting technical fault and you'd need to speak with Technical Support.

Let us know how you go.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
New Contributor Overs
New Contributor

I appreciate everyone's help however it wasn't a porting issue and they were unable to help me on the phone, they have escalated the issue and will get back to me...
0 Kudos
Top Contributors