Searching...

Mobile

Re: INTERNATIONAL TEXT MESSAGES BIG ISSUE

Matt

Hey bazza86, this is definitely a strange one! Have you been able to call your friend in the Philippines okay? If not you may have international barring turned on for SMS or calls. If you’re not sure about this, send us your info here and we’ll check it out for you.

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

mjh27160

Hi there, I have the same problem. I have an Iphone4s with an Optus pre-paid sim installed and

I cannot send a text message to the UK.

I have also tried sending a text to my family in Spain, this is not possible either.

I put my wife's Telstra pre-paid sim into my Iphone and I can send a text no problem.

Does anybody know if this issue has been solved yet ?

fedefico87

I fianlly switched to Virgin with an iPhone and it's way better!!

Julz

Hey mjh27160,

do you notice that the text fails on your end or does it send successfully. Tech support will be able to see what's happened & whether the text has left our network successfully. If you call 131344 they can advise or raise a fault. 

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

mjh27160

Hi there,

I get the 'message send failure' every time so I assume the fault is at my end.

Esther

Yeah it doesn't sound like it's sending it out all. When you try sending it another country other than the UK do you get the same error?

Are you able to call out internationally from the phone? You might have an international barring on the service that would prevent all international calls and SMS to complete.

mjh27160

Yeah, I get the same error message if I try to send a text message to Spain.

I can call out to the UK with no problems at all.

Craig

Hey mjh27160,

Have you had a chance to chat with the tech support guys so they can log a case for you? If you have the case number handy I can check it out to see if there are any updates available?

Let me know .

INTERNATIONAL TEXT MESSAGES with Attachments

MelCat

Hi. I'm on a SIM pay plan. Ever since (a couple of months ago) I can't msg images to UK. Only msg with text get through. If they contain emoji or I attach photos I get a delivery notice back saying "delivery rejected"- and the person I'm sending them to doesn't get the message at all (ie neither the image OR the text part). WHY CAN'T I SEND PHOTOS WITH MESSAGES TO INTERNATIONAL NUMBERS?

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
81 Kudos
75 Kudos
70 Kudos
58 Kudos
44 Kudos