Searching...

Mobile

Accepted Solution

INTERNATIONAL TEXT MESSAGES BIG ISSUE

fedefico87

I'm from Italy. I got a prepaid sim card using my Italian Nokia. It works perfectly, I can text and everybody get my texts but I can't receive anything. On their international phone (USA, Italy and France) it's written "sent" but I can't get anything. iT'S NOT A MATTER OF MY PHONE BECASUE IT WORKS IN USA, AUSTRIA, FRANCE, ALL EUROPE. My girlfriend bought a prepaid phone here in Brisbane with a prepaid sim card. So everything should have worked fine. But no...Same problem as me.

We already tried to put our sim cards in other phones and it still not working. Other Optus users can receive international text messages. Customer Care can't help us and nobody knows about this.

Can someone help us? It's kind of annoying not being able to get international text messages since our families and friends are there!

THanks

Re: INTERNATIONAL TEXT MESSAGES BIG ISSUE

Andy

What Pre-Paid rate plan are you on fedefico87?  We'll need to check out your account in more detail as so long as the friends and family sending you International SMS are using the correct starting code before your mobile there shouldn't be any issues if it was sent successfully from their end.  Have you spoken to our technical support team on 1300 307 937?  They're available 24/7 and should be able to make sure you've got all the right settings to receive Int SMS.

fedefico87

I am on Optus Prepaid Social.

They are all putting +61 and then code area which is 04 but without 0. So for example +614XXXXXXXX.

This is the right way to send SMS. But if it is wrong let me know. They all called their relative customer care and they have been told that there are any problems with their phone and sim card.

I spoke with tech support team and tehy suggested me to do the cross test. I went to Optus center and I did it. I put my sim card in another phone and still not getting INternational SMS. So they changed my sim card with a new one maintining the same phone number....same problem.

I will call them again and see!

Thanks

Highlighted

fedefico87

My phone is a Nokia 6300

fedefico87

Any guess??

astroperson

So, OPTUS, are you going to answer this guy's query or what?

fedefico87

Thanks!I was thinking the same and hoping to get an answer soon!

Solution

JustinB

Apologies for the late reply here!

Are you able to confirm if the person sending these texts has this activated from there end and have sent these successfully in the past?

If they can, it would be best to have a chat with our technical support team on 1300 307 937 to go through some troubleshooting and possibly raise a fault.

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

fedefico87

Yes, I am able to confirm this. I always got all the text messages when I was in USA and around Europe.

I will contact the tech support

Thanks

Federico

bazza86

Hi ,

I am from au and been with optus for a long time and i have always had this problem i text friends in the phillipines but they never recive them hence i have 2 phones 1 optus used for everyday things and 1 telstra i use ocathionally for calling overseas and for texting, as using my optus prepaid a ccount i get charged mut recipiant never gets the text this has been ongoing from 2010 untill last week when i tried again but no luck i sent 5 texts with optus using all the formulas +63 deleating the 0 like i have sent a hunderd times with my telstra phone but no luck but i get charged for them, i hope you can sort this problem out as i only would like to have 1 phone and 1 company, and i hope it wont be resolved like my last problem with optus 6 mths and dongle still locked, eaven after all your advice and countless times of trying i gave up on my optus prepaid internet and changed to blink unlocked in 2 hours from them, so i hope you can resolve this isue or i will and just go back to telstra more expencive but you get what you pay for as they say,,,, 

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
130 Kudos
115 Kudos
81 Kudos
78 Kudos
45 Kudos