Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
COVID-19 impact to Yes Crowd & Contact Centres info here
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

INSURANCE

Optus has been taking monthly insurance off my bill, I rang to change my plan and make a claim. The web chat consultant has told me my insurance has not been in place for months, but the insurance has been coming out of my account and appearing on my statements I havnt received anything to say my insurance has ended.

I asked the web consultant for a email so I could email a complaint, I was told I couldnt lodge a complaint till insurance opened. I rang, spoke to insurance they could not see insurance and they put me over to service to set up insurance, service has said insurance ended yesterday when I changed my plan. At this stage I had to hang up as my 15min break was up I'll have to call back in my lunch break.

How can i be being billed for insurance but not covered?

Why can i not email in a complaint?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Re: INSURANCE

Do you have any emails or paperwork from when the insurance was first set up?

What does it say on your bill exactly? Insuance $14.32?

Is there a chance the insurance may cover something else (is there only one phone on the bill?)

What's happened to the phone out of interest? Lost? Dropped?

The relevent clause in the cover is:

THIS INSURANCE COVER:  (c) will terminate, (i) on the date the Optus Mobile service for the Insured Equipment is cancelled. 

Normally changing plans shouldn't count as cancelling the Optus Mobile Service though IMO. But As you are making a claim for within the insured period then whether its cancelled or not now isn't relevent. 

Optus insurance is also actually provided by a third party group so they would also have records. 

FWIW I suggest your first issue is to just get the insurance cover found. Forget all the other details. Get Optus to determine why insurance has been deducted each month on your bill (what was it for?)

Regards

Peter Gillespie

PS Perhaps try ringing the Optus Customer Claims Line on 1800 501 971

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Re: INSURANCE

PS Do follow the process:

You must follow the procedure detailed in section 1 below and such other procedures in sections 2 and 3 below that are applicable to Your claim.

1. For all claims – As soon as possible after You become aware that a claim may arise under this cover You must notify Optus Customer Service on 1300 300 937.

2. For claims made under Sections 1 and 2 – Claims made under ‘Section 1 – Loss or Damage’ for lost or stolen Insured Equipment and ‘Section 2 – Unauthorised Calls’ must be reported by You to the police immediately.

3. For claims made under Sections 1, 2 and 3 – Claims made under ‘Section 1 – Loss or Damage’, ‘Section 2 – Unauthorised Usage’ and ‘Section 3 – Mechanical or Electrical Breakdown or Failure’ must be made within 30 days of the occurrence of any accident or event and You must lodge a written claim with Optus and give such further information and assistance as We may require.

Important Notice: Repairs must not commence or replacement of 12 equipment be undertaken unless authorised by Us or Optus. No claims will be paid if You fail to comply with the claims procedure, commence repairs or undertake replacement without authorisation

0 Kudos