cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
New Contributor Aztecs
New Contributor

IMEI unblock 48 hours ...... to 7 days

Has anyone else found it a very slow process to get an IMEI unblocked?  Over the past 2 weeks, Optus service has been so appalling I can't believe it takes that long.  Initially, they blamed the Samsung phone and said that there must be something wrong with the SIM card reader.  Luckily Samsung give good service and replaced my phone and now despite number live chats, phone calls to customer service and going into the Optus shop I still can't connect to the network.  Like a previous contributer said it's not good enough with telecommunications these days. 

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Re: IMEI unblock 48 hours ...... to 7 days

Hi @Aztecs

I'm so sorry to hear this, this usually isn't the case for a unblock to be delayed by this long. May i ask, how did you request the IMEI unblock? Over the phone? 

0 Kudos
New Contributor Aztecs
New Contributor

It has been sorted now, but I went into an Optus Store @ Joondalup.  The customer service people in the store could not have been less helpful.  I made numerous calls and numerous livechats. 

Very disappointed with this.

0 Kudos
RetiredModerator Gen_R
RetiredModerator

Not good to hear, will pass the feedback on for you. 

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

0 Kudos
New Contributor anni999pink
New Contributor

I am having this exact problem now. It is beyond a bloody joke Optus.

0 Kudos
RetiredModerator AlexRH
RetiredModerator

Hi @anni999pink, it's not the sort of trouble you should be having at all 😞

Were you still needing assistance with this? If that's the case, please chat with us HERE so we can follow this up for you. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Top Contributors