Searching...

Mobile

I want to change my prepaid plan to a long expiry plan as I rarely use it

tiks

Hello everyone,

I currently have a $30 prepaid plan which I rarely use. I rarely make calls. I keep it for emergencies onl7y and paying $30 every 28days. I just noticed that they have long expiry plans which would require me to pay as I use. My friends are using the vodafone pay as you go plan, I'm looking for something similar.

However, my optus app does not show that option for recharge. How can I switch my plan to the long expiry plan?

Regards

Tiks

Re: I want to change my prepaid plan to a long expiry plan as I rarely use it

Gen_R

Hey tks - you can always change your plan through your MyAccount Smiley Happy Would recommend changing it over when you're just about to recharge again.

You can find the plan info here.

If you change plans early, you'll lose any unused credit. 

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

Highlighted

Avolition

1) If you're on long expire, recharge with $60 credit and don't use the phone for 6 months, then change plan to daily plus or whatever, will the $60 credit transfer over to the new prepaid plan?

2) If the credit expires and I forget to recharge, will I get an email advising me to recharge before the mobile is disconnected?

Toomey

Hey @Avolition, if you change your prepaid plan, the credit would not transfer over I'm afraid.

Any credit notifications would be sent to the mobile via SMS.

Hope this helps!

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Post a Reply
Top Contributors
81 Kudos
75 Kudos
72 Kudos
59 Kudos
44 Kudos