cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
majed054000
New Contributor
New Contributor

I want recharge my phone and I got this error "Oh No! We couldn't recognise your mobile number..."

Hi there,

I have tried to recharge my phone number but it says "Oh No! We couldn't recognise your mobile number. Do you mind double checking and then try again?"

could you please help me out so I can recharge my phone.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Dan_C
Retired Employee
Retired Employee

Re: I want recharge my phone and I got this error "Oh No! We couldn't recognise your mobile numbe...

Hmm, do you remember when you last recharged? Has it been longer than 6 months? 

Prepaid numbers will expire if you haven't topped up within 6 months of the expiry date of your last recharge. I'd suggest jumping onto Live Chat.

Ask them to check if the mobile number is still active. If the number has been disconnected, there's a process we can follow to retrieve the mobile number. 

Let us know how it all goes. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
dessy
New Contributor
New Contributor

Re: I want recharge my phone and I got this error "Oh No! We couldn't recognise your mobile num

May I ask if anyone come up with a solution for this? because I recharge my phone up maybe once or twice a week and this started to happen to my phone today and there’is not much of an explanation why? 

0 Kudos
Dan_C
Retired Employee
Retired Employee

Re: I want recharge my phone and I got this error "Oh No! We couldn't recognise your mobile num

Odd :S 

I'm not sure if this will make any difference at all, but you could try opening your browser up in "incognito mode." 

It's strange that it's an intermittent issue. Does it tend to resolve itself on its own? 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Thaidui
New Contributor
New Contributor

Hi. I think you are very lucky to get that error! I have recharged my phone by using my Visa card, Optus took my money and my sim card is not working! Optus told me that number has been cancelled long time ago! That means I cannot use that number but Optus still keeps my money! Optus doesn't want to give my money back! So if you cannot recharge your phone that means you are very lucky. You still have your money with you!

0 Kudos