Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Joei
New Contributor
New Contributor

I want my Deactivated Number Back!

Hi all. 🙂

I have been overseas for a while, but am returning to Australia in two months' time. I just discovered that my prepaid phone number has been deactivated when I went to top it up. I really like my number and I'm slightly disappointed that I got no warning that my number was about to expire. 

Is it possible to get my number back? Please advise. Thanks!

0 Kudos
4 Replies
10000000000GB
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

Re: I want my Deactivated Number Back!

If you really like a number, you should park it with Aldi or Amaysim, who don't run around deleting numbers after 5 minutes.

Go onto chat and see of you can bribe them. There is a large fee.

0 Kudos
Dan_C
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

@Joei, we can definitely give it a shot. I actually actioned one of these requests today for one of our users. 

A prepaid number is disconnected six months after the expiry date of your last recharge.

To keep your service active you need to recharge 186 days from your credit expiry, otherwise you may require a new SIM card to use the service and you may not be able to continue using your mobile number.

If you're travelling for an extended period, we always suggest changing to a prepaid long expiry plan. A one off $30.00 recharge will keep your number active for a further six months. 

Had we given you this number when you'd initially come aboard? Or had you transferred in from another provider? As long as it's an Optus owned number we should be able to activate the number onto a new SIM card. I'm afraid we can't perform a same SIM reactivation. 

There is no associated fee.  

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Vrishti
New Contributor
New Contributor

Hi

My number just got treated in the exact same way. I need my number reactivated as Im still in the UK, but that number is my registered number with the Australian Government portal, and I plan on reusing it after I go back.

0 Kudos
Aron_YC

Hi Vrishti

This isn't something we'll be able to assist with over the forum. Please send our social media team a message on Facebook or Twitter, and they'll be able to take a look into this for you.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.

0 Kudos