cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
New Contributor dusk0range
New Contributor

I set up my new sim and was bombarded by unwanted subscription scams

I set up my new pre-paid sim yesterday and this morning I found my in box full of messages. I'm apparently now subscribed to various services that I want nothing to do with, saying they will cost me ten dollars a week each.

How did this happen and what should I do? The last time I responded to these sorts of messages on my old phone it burnt through all of my credit immediatly.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
New Contributor

Re: I set up my new sim and was bombarded by unwanted subscription scams

I'm mostly confused as I've not done anything on my phone yet and it got hit by multipule of these at once.

0 Kudos
New Contributor

I think it might be resolved... I got through to billing help services eventually... check back next week if I've lost $30 credit.

0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

@dusk0range, keep us updated. These charges are known as Premium SMS content charges:

We've recently made some changes to our Premium SMS content offering. I'd suggest checking out the following blogs for more info:

https://yescrowd.optus.com.au/t5/Blog/Changes-to-Third-Party-Content-Charges-for-Optus-Postpaid-and/...

https://yescrowd.optus.com.au/t5/Blog/Changes-to-Third-Party-Content-Charges-for-Home-Wireless/ba-p/...

-----------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
New Contributor

@Dan_C That does seem like a good change, it means less people will have to worry about this sort of thing in the future... Doesn't particularily help me though, I've still lost all my credit Smiley Sad

0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

You're right. It doesn't help when your credit is eaten up by a subscription service. Feel free to send us a private message. We need your full name, DOB and mobile number. We'll see if we can help out 🙂 

-----------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Top Contributors