Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Ray_YC
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Re: unsubscribe

Thanks for looking into it. Did you test a mobile number?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I am now no longer part of Yes Crowd or Optus. Thank you to all those who have contributed to the forum during my time, especially the regulars! Cheers!
0 Kudos
YetAnotherAcc
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

@Ray_YC wrote:

Thanks for looking into it. Did you test a mobile number?

Yep, just tried **private info**12 345 678 and its fine.  Tried their other two examples of 03 1234-5345 and  +61 2 3456 789 which did not work. That could be because different regex engines can work slightly  differently, although I don't think they are supposed to. Any any case, the tool I linked to is a good interactive way of fine tuning the expression. 

0 Kudos
SillyGogo
Crowd Champion
Crowd Champion

@Ray_YC People will type their number slightly different or put a space where they not suppose to. It would be hard to catch all the different variations. How about have a new optional field where user can put in their account or phone number. This field will either not display at the post or replaced with Account: **Private info *** . Put a trigger for some actions if this field is not blank eg  alert a MOD. 

I’m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
YetAnotherAcc
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

@SillyGogo wrote:

@Ray_YC People will type their number slightly different or put a space where they not suppose to. It would be hard to catch all the different variations. 

Regex is very good at dealing with all that kind of stuff, so its not that hard to catch the vast majority of the variations, its just that regex is a pain to write if you are not use to it regularly.

How about have a new optional field where user can put in their account or phone number. This field will either not display at the post or replaced with Account: **Private info *** . Put a trigger for some actions if this field is not blank eg  alert a MOD. 

No point in doing that if Optus will not provide proper support in yescrowd. And they don't, they just shunt people to facebook and twitter for those scenarios where they need access to account details.

0 Kudos
petergdownload
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

A good idea but not useful for the time being. Currently mods have no access to poster accounts. Private info is only a security risk. There used to be a standard PM option that you could send private iso detect to a mod, but Optus inexplicably shut that down.
0 Kudos